So what's left for those of us with reefers?

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Anybody had any luck getting any premium pay backhauls past the "no meat, fruit, or vegetable" crowd? If so, what was the product? The possibilities are getting truly slim. I have done a few flower/shrub loads, but other than that I can't seem to find anything that suits Elite's fancy. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That kinda sinks. I had a few people we dealt with on refer loads that we wont be able to do now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why are there so many refer drivers at Panther who don't know how to do their job?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They keep coming from another company and have to be retrained.
I hope they're not being trained by whoever sent out the e-mail containing the Driver Roll Call in the "TO:" field. :D

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
They keep coming from another company and have to be retrained.

Training on reefers???? When did that start? The first time I pulled one they called me up and said we need some help we have a temp control load going to QC my only experience with a reefer was day freight delivering food where everything was off the truck in less than 8 hrs. And no one ever asked me if I had pulled a reefer before. I have done several temp loads since then and I haven’t ever had a claim I equate that to common sense and dumb luck. I do know that you can’t pack a temp load tight in a reefer because you need to have air flow around the skids and that may be the problem with some of the guys that had claims.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
None is offered, but probably should be for some. Most of it is just common sense.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Anybody had any luck getting any premium pay backhauls past the "no meat, fruit, or vegetable" crowd? If so, what was the product? The possibilities are getting truly slim. I have done a few flower/shrub loads, but other than that I can't seem to find anything that suits Elite's fancy. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have a great idea...give them the unit back and get a dry van, if you gov approved, make sure you get an gov trailer and go to moving loads...nothing special about a refer when the rules changed to basically no backhauls in a refer....dump the trailer and get back to work..instead of sitting around for days waiting to get that extra .05 cpm on elite loads...pretty simple to me...and yes I have been there, done that, got the t-shirt( dust rag now), so thats my idea for it...remember...when they really need you to cover a run for them...they will call and make arrangements for you to get one.:p