So Much for Legal Immigration

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Final point: has anyone considered that encouraging the immigration of more Caucasian, educated Christians by whatever means necessary might be beneficial to our society? Maybe there are more of them that want to get out of certain parts of Europe.

I've considered it. My conclusion is that Caucasian, educated Christians have run the US for all of its' 200 years, so the answer, in a nutshell [which is where a lot of them should have been] is NO.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who said anything about them running the U.S.? I believe the comparison was meant to be educated, legal immigrants vs. criminal aliens, often uneducated and criminals beyond breaking and entering to get to the U.S..

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I've considered it. My conclusion is that Caucasian, educated Christians have run the US for all of its' 200 years, so the answer, in a nutshell [which is where a lot of them should have been] is NO.

This nation's current leader is a radical departure from historic norms and he is a dismal failure. It's going to be a long, long time before Americans ever again entrust power to anyone so contemptuous of our history, our culture and our traditions. What kind of madness overtook the American electorate to place a Muslim descendant at the helm of a predominantly Christian nation? Islam is not compatible with Western values.

Who truly believes Barack Obama loves this nation? Who believes Barack Obama admires our Constitution? He certainly doesn't faithfully execute our laws.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The point is that we have about 12 million illegal immigrants in this country right now, many of whom are from third world countries, uneducated and can't speak English. Regardless of the fact that WASPs are uncool and out of fashion right now in the pop culture, what's wrong with a little balance among the immigrants that come in - especially those that enter LEGALLY? Shouldn't there be some diversity in the process? Maybe the govt should establish quotas; we could bus them in from Canada.:rolleyes:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
This nation's current leader is a radical departure from historic norms and he is a dismal failure. It's going to be a long, long time before Americans ever again entrust power to anyone so contemptuous of our history, our culture and our traditions. What kind of madness overtook the American electorate to place a Muslim descendant at the helm of a predominantly Christian nation? Islam is not compatible with Western values.

Who truly believes Barack Obama loves this nation? Who believes Barack Obama admires our Constitution? He certainly doesn't faithfully execute our laws.

Well I know one thing.. He stands up in front of the whole world using his given birth name and does what he thinks is best for the country, right or wrong. I know of many others who don't hold positions anywhere near as high in society who hide behind false personas and repeatedly spout off on internet forums about the politics and ethnic backgrounds of people like the POTUS and other notables in society. Bigots they call them I think...

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
The point is that we have about 12 million illegal immigrants in this country right now, many of whom are from third world countries, uneducated and can't speak English. Regardless of the fact that WASPs are uncool and out of fashion right now in the pop culture, what's wrong with a little balance among the immigrants that come in - especially those that enter LEGALLY? Shouldn't there be some diversity in the process? Maybe the govt should establish quotas; we could bus them in from Canada.:rolleyes:

I don't know what places you frequent these days but there are plenty of caucasians immigrating to the U.S. Some of them are even expediters and, as we speak, they are driving down the rates. If the white immigrants were interested in working in restaurants or doing roofing, etc., like the immigrants you despise that would be great. They are not. They want our jobs.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What difference does it make that 'many others' don't hold positions anywhere near as high in society?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
When liberals cannot argue the facts of an assertion, they typically resort to cries of bigotry or racism. Supposedly, liberals believe this will shut down discussion by silencing those who hold a dissenting opinion.

Barack Obama is and has been a disaster for the United States. He brings a worldview largely outside traditional American norms. Obama came into office with contempt, governs with contempt, and will leave with contempt. Contempt is at the core of who this man is.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the white immigrants were interested in working in restaurants or doing roofing, etc., like the immigrants you despise that would be great. They are not. They want our jobs.
Are you missing the point, or just ignoring it? It's the ILLEGAL immigrants I don't like, especially the ones that are getting ObamaCare and other welfare benefits, draining the resources of our schools and hospitals and taking jobs that could go to US citizens and LEGAL immigrants. But aside from that, what's so blatantly being displayed in the MSM and elsewhere is the hypocrisy of today's liberals showing their intolerance if not outright hatred of white, conservative Christians. Maybe it's time WASPs started being offended by this intolerance and discrimination instead of turning the other cheek.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Excellent question.. I can only imagine that if this family was Muslim, this thread would never have been started.
If this family was Muslim their quest for asylum would likely be for a totally different reason, albeit a legitimate one. Muslims seek asylum in the US all the time - running for their lives from the barbaric but legitimate laws of their native countries dominated by Sharia dictates. Homosexuals, those deemed religious heretics, women pregnant out of wedlock, women who are threatened with genital mutilation or being beaten by their husbands for speaking to the wrong people or dressing improperly - the list goes on ad nauseum and is subject matter for a different thread. You might notice that in the vast majority of cases, it is countries traditionally run by white Christians that come to the aid of these Muslims trying to escape the barbaric, backward cultures.

A Christmas Story | Concerned Catholics of Montana

Gay Muslims Fleeing Discrimination at Home Seek Asylum in Britain and U.S. - The Daily Beast

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Are you missing the point, or just ignoring it? It's the ILLEGAL immigrants I don't like, especially the ones that are getting ObamaCare and other welfare benefits, draining the resources of our schools and hospitals and taking jobs that could go to US citizens and LEGAL immigrants. But aside from that, what's so blatantly being displayed in the MSM and elsewhere is the hypocrisy of today's liberals showing their intolerance if not outright hatred of white, conservative Christians. Maybe it's time WASPs started being offended by this intolerance and discrimination instead of turning the other cheek.

I don't like illegal immigrants either: we are a nation of laws, and I believe one should begin as one means to continue, [as the Brits put it]. And right now, deportation is at a historical high, though we don't read much about that in the media, do we? Yes, Pilgrim, the Obama administration is deporting illegals at a record pace. And using a private for-profit company to manage the detainment -that takes a lot of your credibility re: illegals away. And the specific immigration you're angry about is a case that shouldn't even be considered for asylum.
Your characterization of white Christians as being "uncool in pop culture" , and suffering the "intolerance, if not hatred" of liberals is just so much deflection [aka hogwash]. It isn't the person, but the belief and expression of it that is offensive: white Christians are innately superior to persons of other races and religions. Marriage is always preferable - providing it's one man & one woman. Men are inherently superior to women. Profit is good, regulations that may reduce it are inherently bad.
Government assistance saps incentive [unless it's a tax break or subsidy that benefits the more fortunate - then, it encourages growth.] Sex education should consist of: just say no! Women have no inherent right to control when or if they bear children.
All the above are beliefs that liberals cannot agree with, finding them more harmful than good to society. It happens that white Christians tend to hold those beliefs, as a group.
If the shoe fits, Cinderella....

PS WASPs have been "offended by this intolerance" for years, and they have hardly 'turned the other cheek' - they formed the Tea Party to get their beliefs into legislation. Like Obama, people were very supportive - for a time, but now? Not so much. Let's wait and see how the TP candidates do the next time around.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When liberals cannot argue the facts of an assertion, they typically resort to cries of bigotry or racism. Supposedly, liberals believe this will shut down discussion by silencing those who hold a dissenting opinion.

Barack Obama is and has been a disaster for the United States. He brings a worldview largely outside traditional American norms. Obama came into office with contempt, governs with contempt, and will leave with contempt. Contempt is at the core of who this man is.

I'd argue the facts of your assertions, except there aren't any. Every word is your opinion.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think, Aristotle, that the phrase "traditional American values" is at the heart of the problem. They're changing, and change is always detrimental to some of the people - can't be helped. When the economy was largely agrarian, our 'traditional' values were centered around the family farm, but the industrial revolution ended that way of life [for most farmers, anyway].
There is no doubt that the changes desired by the liberals will bring their own problems and deficiencies, and numerous examples of 'blowback' [unintended consequences], but the changes are going to happen regardless, because enough citizens want them to happen.
If the consequences are much worse than anticipated, the pendulum will swing back to conservative values again, and so it goes. I doubt we'll ever find a 'middle ground' where everyone is happy, lol.