Cargo Van SLC is a good place to wait for freight?

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Howdy y'all! I delivered this morning in SLC and since this is the very first time when I'm in this area, I have no clue if this is a good spot, or should I hit the road eastwards, where the freight is?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to get good loads out of the Salt Lake city with minimal wait area back in the day.

It is so beautiful out there.

The bad thing about running out west is the possible miles it takes to relocate, which can easily add up, taking away from your profit very easily, especially now, with gas and diesel prices being what they are.

I wonder how well the cheap freight haulers are doing, with the high gas/ diesel prices. I hope that they don't last long.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I used to get good loads out of the Salt Lake city with minimal wait area back in the day.

It is so beautiful out there.

The bad thing about running out west is the possible miles it takes to relocate, which can easily add up, taking away from your profit very easily, especially now, with gas and diesel prices being what they are.

I wonder how well the cheap freight haulers are doing, with the high gas/ diesel prices. I hope that they don't last long.
It should drive many out of business hopefully.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What ever load brought you out there to begin with, I hope it paid a minimum of $2.00 a mile, to be profitable if you are going to relocate in the areas you are talking about...lol..
LOL
Not $2, only 1.25... I don't think there's a carrier who pays 2 bucks for a long run... if possible, they would pay even less than 60 cents...

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL
Not $2, only 1.25... I don't think there's a carrier who pays 2 bucks for a long run... if possible, they would pay even less than 60 cents...
$1.25 to end up there, only to deadhead how many hundreds of miles in hopes of getting a load wherever you end up...bankruptcy in the making....less than 60 cpm? May as well be a Walmart greeter instead..smh...

And, yes, there are carriers that will pay 2 bucks a mile...sad thing is, they get underbid by the scumbag under insured carriers operating illegally.. with pieces of garbage that are a mechanical mess..see it all the time..I hope they go under..

Last edited: