Sick Garmin

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
I recently got a refurbished Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS. My daughter used my car to drive about three hours to southern Indiana. All was well going down. Coming home, she said the screen was blocked by another screen that said the unit was downloading Bluetooth software. Luckily she found her way home. The screen wouldn't clear until I finally unplugged the unit and plugged it back in. Just turning it off wouldn't work. It works now, but it won't talk to me. When I check the language, it says there is no voice software. Anybody have any ideas? I will call the Garmin co tomorrow. Thanks.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, ATeam. Went to the site, sent an email with my prob and my new bff Justin M sent me a reply. Went to the site he mentioned, downloaded something, and my GPS now talks to me. I have a talky wife, and our ten year old talky granddaughter spent three days with us and my ears are bleeding. I really didn't need anything else that talks, but the GPS does now. Thanks again.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
that reminds me I havent updated my garmin for a while, I try to do it every couple of months but it has just slipped my mind,thanks