Shipping Wars

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
During the past few weeks I've ben home helping my wife recover from a fall down some stairs, I came across the first season Shipping Wars on NetFlix.
So, my woman and I decided to watch a couple episodes just to see what the show was about. I found the program almost spiritually enlightening as I realized no matter how I screw up They definitely got me beat in the F-up department.

Bob Wolf

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I watched that show once. I think it was probably the first season. 5 or 6 people were bidding on the same load. I don't remember what the freight was but it picked up in the Southeast (Carolinas?) and went to the Northwest (Oregon?). The lucky slob that won the bid had a dually pickup and enclosed trailer. He broke down enroute, injectors or turbo and delivered late.

What I found laughable was that this cast of regulars were apparently all near the shipper and all had different equipment. One guy had a cargo van and trailer. A woman had a pickup truck and a horse trailer. Someone else had a pickup with an open trailer. My favorite was Richard Cranium with his 3 axle, class 8 tractor and step deck trailer. All of these people were bidding on the same load!

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
it is a comedy just like the cargo van rates from alot of xpediters. at least these people get to set the rates they will do it for and are in control of success or failure.I am sure they get paid to do the show on top of what the loads pay.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
it is a comedy just like the cargo van rates from alot of xpediters. at least these people get to set the rates they will do it for and are in control of success or failure.I am sure they get paid to do the show on top of what the loads pay.

Its all fake....set up loads...if you believe they are all setting in the same part of US all bidding on same loads...what no one else is bidding on same load....BS...made for Dumb TV ....and compare it to Cargo Vans thats a laugh itself....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That right there is where I am at......Thank you!! :)

Note: Only responding to crich' s statement NOT to the show itself....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its all fake....set up loads...if you believe they are all setting in the same part of US all bidding on same loads...what no one else is bidding on same load....BS...made for Dumb TV ....and compare it to Cargo Vans thats a laugh itself....

Fishing wars is the same way.... they have a school of trained salmon only when they are filming.....:p

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Can you imagine if there was a load that was bid on by one of them that required not only their vehicle but over flow had to go into a semi at almost $2.50/mile? That sure doesn't seem to leave much room for profit on the load. I'm sure that has never happened though.