September locations

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Livingston Ca. Pickup near here tomorrow, headed to Salt Lake City. Put over 4000 miles on the truck this week.
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sitting at the shipper in Greenville, SC. Not open yet. Heading for QC. Then QC to Louisville. Good week so far.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Back in service tomorrow. Going out solo for a few weeks, wife has to stay home and take care of some business.
I'll see how well the flat rate works for a solo.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Back in service tomorrow. Going out solo for a few weeks, wife has to stay home and take care of some business.
I'll see how well the flat rate works for a solo.

Let us know how it works out. I am curious.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Sitting in Hesperia, Ca .... I was also offered a load last night, picking up in LA, (60 miles away), at 5pm, going to SLC. Mission impossible, with LA traffic. So they found a team closer.

Must have not been Jim, he was in San Jose!

And today, I have a bid in on a load from Compton to Grand Forks, Nd .... but it does not load until 5pm tomorrow. I'm sure that bid wil hang until someone agrees to haul it at. 85 cents! :rolleyes:

d_b1486

Active Expediter
Finally got out of TN. pickup in ga, going to islandia, NY. 870 miles

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

vanman10

Expert Expediter
On the Canadian border (Pembina, ND) 1651 miles directly north of the Mexican border (Laredo, TX) where I was a couple weeks ago. Gonna rest and wait on next load in Fargo, ND. If no load by tomorrow, will move on.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No load came up in my home Iowa area today, but got some lawn mowing done at my place and inlaws so still productive day. Will head EAST of Mississippi River at noon tomorrow. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the Pilot in Syracuse, NY. Load has not cleared. This sucks bored AND losing money. Nothing better! :mad:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
At the Pilot in Syracuse, NY. Load has not cleared. This sucks bored AND losing money. Nothing better! :mad:

So, you drove from South Carolina all the way to Syracuse and they didn't clear it yet? Who's the broker, the government? LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So, you drove from South Carolina all the way to Syracuse and they didn't clear it yet? Who's the broker, the government? LOL

Oh I hope it is not the government or I will be here through the weekend! Not the first time this has happened. Rare to be sure but stuff does happen in this business.

We once picked up a load in California, made it to Detroit and it had not cleared. Had to sit on it, running the reefer, for 5 days. Lucky that time. We live only 45 miles from the bridge. Had 5 days at the house, got paid the entire time. Could have been worse.

Last edited:

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Salt Lake City TA, just unloaded, waiting for the next one. The drive over the mountains was interesting to say the least. Not as bad as I was expecting, but will really have to think about going over them this winter.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Salt Lake City TA, just unloaded, waiting for the next one. The drive over the mountains was interesting to say the least. Not as bad as I was expecting, but will really have to think about going over them this winter.

Make sure you know the "chain laws" if you plan to run out there in the winter. Colorado requires chains on the truck NOW on parts of I70. Be sure you have all needed chains and know how to use them. We have them, we choose not to use them. We either don't take loads out that way or shut down if the roads are so bad that chains are required. You will get a TON of good arguments on this in here. it boils down to what YOU are comfortable with.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Was just there yesterday, got a load out of there yesterday going to Windsor On. Delivered this morning, now stitting at the Monroe TA.

Sent from my DROID X2

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was just there yesterday, got a load out of there yesterday going to Windsor On. Delivered this morning, now stitting at the Monroe TA.

Sent from my DROID X2

Wish I was there. The Monroe TA is only about 10 miles from my house. The perch are hitting good out on the Lake right now. *SIGH*