September locations... Farewell summer of '13

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"its not how much you run...it is how much you run for"......but there are still some that think.."if the wheels aren't turning you are not earning"....then Depressed 1 is for you...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Monroe Michigan ..... ugh....

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

OH YE who knows little!

There are SEVERAL good places to eat around Monroe. The perch fishing is really HOT out around "E" buoy and my catfish hole is ROCKIN' this time of year. In just over a month there will be CLOUDS of ducks out on Lake Erie. Rafts of them that often exceed 250,000.

Knowing all of that I just DON'T understand why you would not just STAY there?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In just over a month there will be CLOUDS of ducks out on Lake Erie. Rafts of them that often exceed 250,000.
Speaking of ducks, One of my suppliers has a Ducks Unlimited Bronze Sponsor sticker on his door window. What does this signify?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of ducks, One of my suppliers has a Ducks Unlimited Bronze Sponsor sticker on his door window. What does this signify?

It means he is a "bronze sponsor". That means different things at different chapters since each chapter prices their sponsorships differently.

Last year we, the Monroe County Chapter, charged $275 for a bronze sponsorshiip. That got the sponsor 2 dinner tickets, sponsor print, invitation to the sponsor only reception, etc.

Our Gold was $775, which got 10 dinner tickets, the print and other "goodies".

Mrs. Layout shooter and I are Gold Sponsors.

All sponsors are listed on the chapter web site and higher level sponsors get their name on the wall during the dinner. It is VERY good advertising.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
OH YE who knows little!

There are SEVERAL good places to eat around Monroe. The perch fishing is really HOT out around "E" buoy and my catfish hole is ROCKIN' this time of year. In just over a month there will be CLOUDS of ducks out on Lake Erie. Rafts of them that often exceed 250,000.

Knowing all of that I just DON'T understand why you would not just STAY there?

So I'm suppose to go fishing? Never been.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I'm suppose to go fishing? Never been.

Sorry to hear that. Not to worry, that disease does have a cure. Nothing quite like knowing how to provide for yourself. It is a GRAND feeling.

I REALLY like when we are hunting ducks on Lake Erie. Those who are not in the layout boats are normally perch fishing off the "mother boat". We often have fish fries, fresh caught perch, when we are out there. Even have been known to cook up some fresh killed duck as well. It just does not get any better. Fresh air, fresh food and good friends to enjoy it all with. Those days are just around the corner.

You will notice the volume of my posts drop WAY off when I have more useful things to do!

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Hahaha, I grew up ten mins from the Indy 500 and countless dragstrips so my attention went towards mechanics and anything with a motor ( excluding boats ) I have been present during a fishing trip or two so I'm not totally without knowledge on it although if I had to catch fish to feed myself I would be rather skinny. Maybe I will seek out treatment for my disease this next year.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hahaha, I grew up ten mins from the Indy 500 and countless dragstrips so my attention went towards mechanics and anything with a motor ( excluding boats ) I have been present during a fishing trip or two so I'm not totally without knowledge on it although if I had to catch fish to feed myself I would be rather skinny. Maybe I will seek out treatment for my disease this next year.

I would be more than happy to help with that treatment. At the right time of year I could wear your arms out catching fish! Then it's off to clean them and have a fish fry! Cold beer and hushpuppies.