Scalehouse at Ofallon IL I-64 Eastbound CSVA Inspections

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Thats why i try to detour .. When ever possible

Not a wise idea! Whenever GA DOT did inspections on I-20, they'd always let us county and local cops know so wed set up on the back roads looking for guys such as yourself. When we did roadside checks, we always set up chase cars on opposite ends of the checkpoints looking for cars to make a u-turn etc.

I don't believe the DOT whether they're state or federal use contractors. As far as "plain clothes" DOT.....the Feds some wear jumpsuits the guys in plain clothes do the audits at the carrier level but can pull a truck over. They don't carry badges but carry the two sided federal credentials like other federal agencies carry!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ive never tried to dodge a scale or take the back way around etc, Ive seen that work out not so well for too many guys who think they can continually overload and etc...my own brother hauling flour is all the time over loaded and told by his Dispatch to take the long way around, I say No that someone should be responsibly trying to load these trailers to less then 54,000 lbs...but hey if you let them they will do it.....

Ive always been respectful to LEOS and Police, DOT, etc, It doesnt pay to be rude no matter how ****ed you are with these guys, your ****ing in the wind thinking Ill give this guy a hard time and get outta here faster ROFL...

My trucks have always been meticuously maintained, as I said Im anal about Brakes, Grease, Oil Leaks, Air Pressure, Tires....all the red flags are covered, but when they have to inspect 14 trucks a day for the quote I seem to be the guy, Maybe they figure Nice clean rig, decent guy well get him in and out....so I sit and patiently read and make sure my paperwork, kept in a binder, laminated, all very orderly, large print copies of important stuff.....and they never have a sticker....

Ah well all in the name of Safety.....Hope your all having a good week....Im headed out to California to deliver some Cases...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just curious, Pearl... how is it in the name of safety, that these guys consistently pick a truck that looks like it'll pass? Shouldn't they be going for the truck that looks like it might have some problems? Same with going after D-units vs t/ts... all in the name of easy, IMO.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I-80 in Pa is on fire today. Roadside, rest area anywhere they can park a nice SUV.

I went across 80 Tuesday and it was more business as usual that on fire. There was a rest area set up on the eastern side of 80, but that can be the case any given day. On the western end there was an area with multiple patrol units out, but they were pulling over cars.

I started Tuesday in CT, delivered in Ohio yesterday, then picked up in Ohio and dropped in the Detroit area yesterday evening. Based on what I've seen it's been more of a non-event.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here in the Tidewater area they are going after dump trucks but setting up outside the quarrys and they have been shutting alot of them down from what the mechanics tell me they needed to be.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Same as Highway Star: Mi, Oh, Ky, & Il, no inspection. Oh well, like PP says, they are just as likely to say you did everything right, but no sticker, cause we're permitted to screw up, while making sure you don't. :rolleyes: