Saying Thanks For 4 Years of Service!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It's with a great deal of regret that I have to announce the "retirement" of two of our forums' moderators - Mark "Weave" Palmer and Tony "Teacel" Celender.

Both Tony and Mark have expressed to me that their duties as moderators have been rewarding but require an increasing dedication of time that cuts into work, family and even sleep. The staff of EO and I can well appreciate what these gentlemen have sacrificed during their tenure as moderators - a volunteer position.

Most forum moderators volunteer for 2-6 months. Combined - They have moderated for over 8 years here on EO.

We thank them for their service!

To Mark:
In your role as moderator of the Truck Talk Forum, you have helped countless owner-operators and drivers with your extensive knowledge of the expediting truck. Your answers to their questions were always rational and practical and your desire to truly help your fellow professionals was evident.

Your comments and helpful tips on the other aspects of expediting have been equally valuable, including your experience with a number of expediting carriers.

It will be very difficult to fill your shoes, buddy! We hope that you will continue to be a part of the EO Forums community and contribute your knowledge and expertise.

Mark, thanks a million for all that you've done!

To Tony:
What can I say? You have been a great moderator, always ready to help the forum visitors with real-world advice based on expediting experience. The posters have come to rely on your trucking knowledge and you've never let them down!

I know that the demands on your time have been enormous; with your own expediting fleet and business to maintain, as well as the requirements of being a family man, I take my hat off to you! You are a consummate professional and we can never thank you enough.

In addition to the volunteer service that you have provided to the Forums' visitors, I want to thank you for being both a friend and counselor. You've always been there when needed and I fervently hope that you remain a member of our EO team!

Thanks again to both of our departing friends and if you, the Forum visitors have the opportunity, be sure to express your appreciation and good wishes, too.

Lawrence McCord
General Manager
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Thanks to both Weave and Teacel. I have learned lots from you both. I certainly hope this does not mean a departure from here other than stepping out of your duty as mods.

Hats off to you both!

--
Mike N

Tony

Expert Expediter
I am sad to see two of the most knowledgeable people(and always willing to help)leave these positions. In my short time here I have come to look forward to reading their posts and replies. I know you will still be here but not as much as in the past(I hope you will still be on these foums sharing your extensive knowledge). The two of you have done a great service for us. THANK YOU!!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You guys did a great job over the years. You guys dedicated alot of time to helping others on this forum. We hate to see you leave but make sure you are not strangers!
Davekc

tughillrunner

Expert Expediter
once hook on eo they will be just email should add them to
eo hall of fame
and make them honorary mod for life

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thanks Weave and Tony for all the answers you've given.. whether the QUESTION was so smart or not... :)

Dreamer

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Thank you both for all your Advice on all the topics. I wish you the very best and brightest future, and hope to see the both of you on the site asking questions.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Teacel and Weave,

Thank you both for your contribution and dedication to this forum as moderators. The wealth of expediting, truck, and business knowledge that you both possess AND have graciously shared with all of us for the past four years is incredible. You two have given so much of yourselves to all of us hanging out here in cyber-land we feel as though we know you personally and think of you more than just moderators . . . more like old friends who have always been there . . .

We hope you do realize how important your roles are in the expediting business and how much respect we all have for you both. Often times it may have appeared like a thankless job but your reputations are renowned. As a matter of fact, on many occasions we have been just talking to other drivers at various locations and the forum and your names both come up totally “matter-of-factly” . . . like everyone knows you both personally.

Again, thank you so much for all you have done. Hopefully you both will continue to contribute when you get the time.

McBride’s

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Weave...We didn't have alot in common me a van and all and you a dieselguy but you did give your 2 cents worth and that was appreciated.
Thank you hope to see you hanging around in here as you have alot to offer every class of truck owner.

Tony..Teacel..Well dang it! It shoulda been Tell-It-As-It-Is-Tony. One thing you could count on was very honest advice, whether you liked it or not, you told it as it is! Buddy you will be missed a bunch, hope we get to meet you some day, since I missed you and weave at expo last year. Come back and see us sometime ya'll:)

Addition: I was driving along yesterday and this post of mine was sticking in my craw cuz something was wrong with it and bingo it stuck me!!

Weave...Other then truck size we have the ENTIRE business in common! I apologize for my narrow vision.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
My original question stands. Are Tony and Mark *leaving* or just passing the moderator baton to others?

--
Mike N

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Twnmaster,

They both indicated it was family and business demands. They are both welcomed here anytime. Also, after 4 years it gets old answering the same posts like..."how do you get into expediting".

:7 :7 :7

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>My original question stands. Are Tony and Mark *leaving* or
>just passing the moderator baton to others?
>
>--
>Mike N

I'm still here Mike. Thanks for the concern though. I'm just passing the baton to others, as you put it. Just what LM said!!! I am in the process of expanding my fleet and need to devote more time to my business. LOL
I will definitely post a formal thank you in a few days. As a pre post! I do thank you all for the very kind words.