Sarah Palin speech n Nashville tn

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Sarah Palin did a very good job tonight. I thought it was a very patriotic speech. General Patten would have been proud. She recognized our military many times. She was very polite and at the same time let the Obama bunch have both barrels. Go girl......................

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Sarah Palin did a very good job tonight. I thought it was a very patriotic speech. General Patten would have been proud. She recognized our military many times. She was very polite and at the same time let the Obama bunch have both barrels. Go girl......................

Good, Glad to Hear it! I Hope she doesn't Let Off Obumma and His Little Band of Crooks and Thieve's! Others should Follow in her Footsteps and Tell The Pant Load in Chief Just what People Really Think about Him and His Bunch! :D

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
You guys are kidding right?
That speech was a joke and I am tired of the same ole same ole..
Mike Huckabee for pres:cool:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
P S. I like Mike too,,he is a good man and he would make a good President .................go USA

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Remember the loving and adoring Obama lovers who were fawning all over him as if he were a rock star and the savior all rolled into one? Take a look at the Palin fawners and you see the same, exact thing. It's the politics of personality, where a highly accomplished quitter can be fawned over, loved and adored.

Palin is a political celebrity not too different from Paris Hilton, and largely for the same reasons.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I like Sara Palin, but I have to agree with Turtle here. I listened to the speech, and it was the same ole same ole. She can motivate, because she speaks like a normal person, but I don't think she'll have a snowballs chance in hades of getting to the white house.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I Didn't see her Speech and I Never said that I wanted her to Run for Office, What I was Commenting on was The First Post Regarding what she Said! And That I am Glad that It's about time that Someone Finally Stood up in Public and Finally Told Obumma what they Actually Felt about him and his Little Agenda! :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did not see the speech either. I doubt if I would like her for president. I don't like Huckabee, Romney or any of that crew that ran last time. We need someone, for a change, that understands the military and has the background and experience to back it up.

It would be great if he/she/it was not a career politician. Someone not owned by either of the two major parties and not controlled by the "PuppetMaster" An independent thinker. He/she/it should be a person of character, honesty and integrity.

The sad thing is, people like that seldom run. When they do they seldom win.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
She hit it right on everything about obumer's failures, she has great support because she has a SPINE and not SCRIPTED by ALL like the current losers! hildabeast is out trying to kick start her broom..

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hate to tell you that both Goldwater and Reagan were "outside the box" conservative thinkers. You may not like the "same ol" that Palin is preaching... but it's repetitiveness that sinks into the brains of the masses... ie, Hope and Change.

Goodtude... hope you like tamales with your grits. Personally, I think Huckabee is a do-gooder, when we need a git-er-doner. He won't make the tough decisions like getting rid of the DOE and EPA. He'll be another Bush.

Romney is not a career politician. I believe he, like Palin, will work to get things done. Lamar Alexander was another; but we can't have a conservative in there fixing education, now can we?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not going to happen with any of that bunch that lost last time. They are all just losers. We need a person that will get rid of Federal involvement in education. Get rid of several government agencies. Like the SBA and maybe EPA. We need someone that inspires the greatness of the people and turns lose the ability of the people to tackle the challenges that face us today. Government is not able to solve problems, only create them.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hope the Tea Party takes off...I really do...we are in deep do do with these others two parties...

They already have taken off,but not as a third party alternative. That would be a collossal mistake to do that and ensure Democrats free reign for years to come by siphoning off votes that would normally go to conservative republicans in an election. They are best served by supporting fiscally conservative candidates ,which more than likely will be republicans.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like Sara Palin, but I have to agree with Turtle here. I listened to the speech, and it was the same ole same ole. She can motivate, because she speaks like a normal person, but I don't think she'll have a snowballs chance in hades of getting to the white house.

Agreed, she's not ready for the White House but she's more prepared than the current occupant was when he was a candidate (and you see how well he's working out). IMHO she needs to continue work on her resume, possibly by running for the Senate. It was a mistake for her to quit the Gov. office in AK before her term was up. However, the general public has a short memory and she can overcome this misstep with time and by following the advice of some good handlers.

Regarding the speech, I didn't hear it but evidently it was well received by her audience and that's what counts. Her mental capacity will probably always be brought up by her critics who are determined to attach a label. Perhaps if she more closely resembled Madeline Albright this wouldn't be a factor; or, if she were a Democrat it would never even be mentioned. The IQ card is played early and often by the liberals, and the media always goes along with the premise. They tried the same thing with Reagan ("amiable dunce") and he simply ignored them, stayed on message and had the last laugh. If Palin follows this game plan, she may not become the first woman president but she will certainly have a considerable say in who the next president is.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Pilgrim,
I feel she would do very well as the head of the republican party, not because of what she can do as a politician but rather her attraction to a lot of different ideas that the party needs and getting people motivated. I don't see a motivated party there, it is just an extension of the democratic party with a slightly different agenda.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It remains to be seen if the Tea Party movement becomes the motivating faction of the GOP and their enthusiasm spreads within the ranks. If this does become the case and they embrace the Tea Party and their ideals, then the GOP will make significant gains in the coming Fall elections and in 2012.

I would mildly disagree with your assessment of the Republican party - I think it's the GOP Leadership that is neither motivated nor inspirational. Although Mitch McConnell has an occasional bright moment, a few minutes listening to John Boehner or Michael Steele will cure even the most severe case of insomnia. Their wooden, stultifying demeanor and the lack of substance in their rhetoric are the main reasons so many Republicans are attracted to Palin - she's attractive, enthusiastic and sincere in addition to being in tune to the conservative principals that have made the party successful in the past.

The GOP desperately needs to put new leadership in place, and do it soon. There are several bright new faces coming to the forefront besides Palin; Eric Cantor, Michelle Bachman, Tim Pawlenty, Bob Corker and Paul Ryan (my favorite) just to name a few. There are several more that are not in office that would make excellent replacements for Steele. The sooner these changes take place, the better.