Saddam Hussein is dead by hanging

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
A little of one, a whole lot of the other. Hardly anyone could disagree the man should be dead.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

Jayman

Expert Expediter
I think it is mostly justice. All it takes for me and most is the memory of the pictures we saw on tv a few years back. All those women, children, and men laying dead in the street after he gased them. I believe they were kurds.

As most...I like to see other forms of punishement. But, sometimes the crime calls for the ultimate sentence.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I call it vengeance and I don't necessarily think vengeance is a bad thing. Saddam was responsible for the killing of nearly 2 million people in 28 years. In my opinion he clearly deserved exactly what he got. I do not under any circumstances though consider this justice. Killing is killing and 2 wrongs do not make a right. Call it what it is....vengeance.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
started out liking capitol punishment..not so sure these days vengence revenge justice how much difference depends on ones out look ..It is their law and their punishment... he is a footnote.. rest assured there are more to come like him..little bullies,growing up to be big bullies who want what you have and will take by f force ..and should be met with eaqual force..and death if necessary. peace ya'll

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There is a purpose with capital punishment but I really like the system that the Muslims have used for centuries, the victim's family are the only one's who can call off the hanging or beheading with only one appeal. I can see if this was in place how many would be executed - I would figure an awful lot.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What punishment would seem more appropriate than death to me is: life in prison, no release, and no priveleges, such as tv, books, classes, whatever, unless the prisoner volunteered to work, and 100% of his earnings went to the victims of his crime. Except only what was needed for his room & board, because I don't see why taxpayers should support criminals who can work.

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
It would be better and faster if the justice system went back in time.
Instead of life in prison, just go back to using the old oak tree.
no more years and years of appeals. just sentence and set the date.
Even better, well more of a deturment would be to show it on nationwide tv.
Then the younger generations would see what happens when you get caught doing wrong. It just might lower the crime rate!

Jayman

Expert Expediter
"What punishment would seem more appropriate than death to me is: life in prison, no release, and no priveleges, such as tv, books, classes, whatever, unless the prisoner volunteered to work, and 100% of his earnings went to the victims of his crime."

Sounds nice. But, as long as we have liberal bleeding hearts running around...things can go south fast. As long as the person is allowed to live, there is a chance somebody may come along and say "This man has been reformed. Lets let him back into the population". Even if the guy is just putting on a show to get out of the big house. I dont trust our current system.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Lets say we were living in the late 60's and my CO had just given me a seek and destroy order on Saddam. When and if my mission was completed it may be revenge on my part(konwing what I know now---say 9/11 for instance) but the end result would be "JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED"
In memory of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and viet Nam vets!
Pappy
:)