running money

iheartfaye

Expert Expediter
"jansiemoo" posted:

"Just wondering, is there a way to transfer money from my comdata card to my bank account? I don't know exactly how this works..."

The best way to go about this is to open an account with Transportation Alliance Bank (TAB) which is owned by Flying J. You can get applications at any Flying J.

I have been banking with them for 2 years now and absolutely love it. In fact, I do 90% of my transactions through them instead of my local bank now because they are just more efficient.

Once you have the TAB account it is very easy to move your Comdata money over. 1) Call the TAB automated line and enter the amount you want to transfer. TAB gives you an express code. 2) Call the Comdata automated line and put your $$ onto the express code TAB gave you. 3) 15 minutes later the $$ is on your TAB Mastercard Debit card.

The only fee is the $1.50 fee from Comdata. Also, unlike my local bank, US Bank, TAB has no daily limits for debit transactions. You don't have to worry about not being able to purchase fuel, etc because you hit your daily limit. They do have a $750 daily limit for ATM withdrawals, but not for using your card as a Mastercard. They also have Internet Banking where you can set up payments, and you can transfer money to your local banking account also on line with them.

Looking at the bigger picture, yes, I realize the person who posted the original had a hardship greater than the average paycheck to paycheck situation that most go through. I think there should be some leniency in the judgment of that situation. However, I would thoroughly recommend listening to Dave Ramsey on XM or Sirius and putting into play the principles he promotes. Even being in a cargo van, there is a pretty hefty emergency fund amount that I keep on my Comdata card just in case something should happen on the road. That is in addition to making sure the issues at home are not going to put me into a bind.

iheartfaye

Expert Expediter
In response to message #1

"jansiemoo" posted:
"Just wondering, is there a way to transfer money from my comdata card to my bank account? I don't know exactly how this works..."

The best way to go about this is to open an account with Transportation Alliance Bank (TAB) which is owned by Flying J. You can get applications at any Flying J.

I have been banking with them for 2 years now and absolutely love it. In fact, I do 90% of my transactions through them instead of my local bank now because they are just more efficient.

Once you have the TAB account it is very easy to move your Comdata money over. 1) Call the TAB automated line and enter the amount you want to transfer. TAB gives you an express code. 2) Call the Comdata automated line and put your $$ onto the express code TAB gave you. 3) 15 minutes later the $$ is on your TAB Mastercard Debit card.

The only fee is the $1.50 fee from Comdata. Also, unlike my local bank, US Bank, TAB has no daily limits for debit transactions. You don't have to worry about not being able to purchase fuel, etc because you hit your daily limit. They do have a $750 daily limit for ATM withdrawals, but not for using your card as a Mastercard. They also have Internet Banking where you can set up payments, and you can transfer money to your local banking account also on line with them.

Looking at the bigger picture, yes, I realize the person who posted the original had a hardship greater than the average paycheck to paycheck situation that most go through. I think there should be some leniency in the judgment of that situation. However, I would thoroughly recommend listening to Dave Ramsey on XM or Sirius and putting into play the principles he promotes. Even being in a cargo van, there is a pretty hefty emergency fund amount that I keep on my Comdata card just in case something should happen on the road. That is in addition to making sure the issues at home are not going to put me into a bind.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't want to pile-on dodgerblue....but desperate drivers are a huge reason why cents per mile are not going to go up anytime soon.

Try to negotiate a fair price with the company on a delivery, when the employer knows somebody else will gladly except the job in a heart beat.

Sadly enough, the desperate drivers eventually disappear, but not to worry, because there are others willing to be taken advantage of by greedy owners and even greedier carriers.

And how ironic. EOL is about the only source of honest information these drivers will receive.

Yet, their desperate situation affects us all.

Be safe.

wshort

Expert Expediter
>FedEx has changed the Comdata fees.

The load charge is now only $1 with
unlimited withdrawals.