Canada Runnin' West?

Dark_0ne

Expert Expediter
OK been an OTR runner and to be honest running 14,000 a month just to make a living is getting old. Any chance that a guy could make a living running expidited out west? I like my wide open spaces alot and prefer the lifestyle out here. I know I'm seeing more expiditers out this way, but I'm curious if the growth this way has flattened out.

Thanks in advance
BJ

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>OK been an OTR runner and to be honest running 14,000 a
>month just to make a living is getting old. Any chance that
>a guy could make a living running expidited out west? I like
>my wide open spaces alot and prefer the lifestyle out here.
>I know I'm seeing more expiditers out this way, but I'm
>curious if the growth this way has flattened out.
>
>Thanks in advance
>BJ

Just how FAR west are you?
Winnipeg?
Calgary/Edmonton?
Lotus Land?

Dark_0ne

Expert Expediter
Lotus Land of course :)

Most of the companies I have worked for have been BC or Alta based. I am not a big fan of eastern running. Of course that WAS with 53 footers and W900s. I suppose it wouldn't be as bad in straight truck. I just love where I live and would rather not relocate if I don't have to. I have been a professional driver of one type or another since I was 19 (Now 37). I love what I do but Traditional long haul just isn't for me. Don't get me worng I can run, but I wouldn't mind sniffing a rose once in a while if you get my meaning.
Thanks for any help at all.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Do not understand what Alta stands for, BC British Columbia.

I have been in Western Canada twice now. There is no way to possibly make a living out there in Expediting. Competition is our greatest tool.

The more customers can depend on a pool of us competing the more they utilize our services. There are no companies with a base out there so the customers do not even know that this industry exists.

No apoligy from me I love where you live - the bugs, had several show downs inside of my sleeper last month with them. Can't even get out your truck with out an invasion....

Dark_0ne

Expert Expediter
Yeah I figured it was a bit of a lost cause when it took this long to get an answer. For the record Alta stands for Alberta, though it's most often shortened to AB. Thanks though for the reply

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No expediting in Lotus land?
So whatever I do, I guess I'll do down here.get it out of my system, then go home,and retread.ooops retire.