Rig Master

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
as of thursday of last week rig master canada is out of business. this comes from big rig products in new braunfels, tx. they are saying that as of right now rig master says that no warranties apply. word has it that ooida is investigating a class action suit against rig master. big rig on the other hand is committed to service and intends to keep their doors open for service and to help anyway they can. although they made the decision last week the official announcement was today. this is no joke.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
no, sorry i do not. i recieved a phon call from big rig in new braunfels, tx advising me of the situation. have developed a good relationship with them over the last year and a half and it was a i thought you should know deal. i would bet a simple rigmaster.com would do or a search under rigmaster.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh boy! That explains why parts are so hard to find. Wow! I guess there are other filters that will fit the Rig Master. Parts will certainly be an issue though. Thanks for the heads up on this!

moose

Veteran Expediter
they still Advertise right here on EO ,

wonder what is worst ,
running out of filters
not getting payed for a provided service ,
or advertising a virtual product , that no one can buy no more ...
hey ?
Dreamer ?
Lowrance ?

Moose ?
Lincoln.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
From a trusted source:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/trucking/In_The_News_2/RIGMASTER_POWER_BITES_THE_DUST.html

Please be advised that by reason of the general economic conditions recently experienced, RigMaster Power Inc. is no longer able to operate its business as a going concern. The company has therefore ceased operations earlier this week.

A secured creditor will be effecting the liquidation of the company’s assets. A limited number of finished units may be available for a short period and an alternative supply of parts should come available to customers and dealers early next week as a consequence of the liquidation process.

RigMaster Power Inc. sincerely regrets this situation.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sign of the times I quess. Kind of a bummer since I have two of these. I have a junk one in the barn I may have to save for parts.:mad:
Hope they at least have somewhat of a parts availability. Truckgen went out of business and there are a couple more I believe that are right behind them.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
just some inside info. parts will be availiable from bigrig as lond as possible, after that there may be a chance that the people from big rig my try to find a way to do something in the future. i hope they will. i have developed much trust in these guys i new braunfels, and they have always kept me informed. just like the notification i got this am that resulted in the start of this thread. any info i get in the future i will gladly share. they will ship parts anywhere at a reasonable cost .

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Auxiliary Power in KS is their "US warehouse" They will likely stock things for a while.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
well guess everyone needs to buy up what parts they need,i know a lot of people have these, we have a onan know hope all stays well with them:D

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Just wondering out load, how many Drivers, Fleet Owners, and Truck companies stopped their plans to add an APU to the truck because of compliance issues with the Californyouknowwhat Carb regulations.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
NAPA can usually get paets for the engine and generator as well as filters. You will need the model number and/or serial number and make of the engine and generator.

SBBExpress

Seasoned Expediter
I think Onan is pretty secure, they have other markets they service, ie. RV's. I just bought a Kohler 7APU I'm very pleased with. They are fairly new to the industry but they also service a larger market so I think they will withstand the crunch. At least I hope so...:eek:

What does Rig Master run for a power unit? Kubota? Lombardini? Perkins?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Might have a point there. Seems odd you can idle your 16 liter Cummins (if ya have the spiffy sticker) but can't idle a Rigmaster or any other APU (without the spiffy sticker).

I'm hearing reefers are next.