Retrofitting Vans and Sprinters

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
I have been thinking about making another Career change. Do you think there would be a good business to outfit vans and Sprinters to accomidate the expediter business. I have always been good at ideas on how to make life/work easier. I can do wood work, Welding, Modifications, Raised roofs,sleepers. I sure wouldnt charge arm/leg like some companies do. Just getting to the point where i would rather be around the home, than setting in a truck stop somewhere hopeing a load might come a long soon.Kave all the power tools and a 30x48 garage. Only one drawback I'm not in the freight area I live in centeral WV. People could come up with their own ideas and i could put it into action with a final product at a lower cost.

klippencott

Expert Expediter
I think your timing for this idea is perfect. The Sprinter is up and coming in the USA. The season is ripe! I bought my Sprinter in 04 and had to do all my own conversion. Now there's a shop down in Austin and one up in Oregon that converts them. We do need more!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'mentally building my next van. But it can be hard to sell an idea to someone.
Take your ideas and ask other owners what they want in an expedite van. Then build it. Stay in the expediting so you can work while showcasing your product. If you can make a quality conversion at a decent price, you're in business. E.O. and word of mouth should help sales. Once established you can be devoted full time to your new enterprise. Good luck!

cozy2963

Expert Expediter
I need some work done to my van. I need to get someone that has the time and the skills to do such work. Could you please contact me to give me a quote on such work?

Thanks,
Cozy

Andrea Cozart
Ruco Transport

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Look at that - his first customer. Man, I love EO! :D :D

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

T.V. - Why do you think they call it programming?

No, YOU suck. - the mean people

"Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States." - J. Bartlett Brebner

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

Become who you are. - Nietzsche

Whoever coined the phrase "Quiet as a mouse" has never stepped on one.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd think it might be a feast or famine business. The first thing you may want to do is fit out a van as a rolling showroom. Then you could talk to other van owners and show them an example of the actual product. If you can come up with some unique features that make van life better you'll have a good shot at getting customers. It would be nice if you were right on 75 or somewhere in the middle of the zone but if a guy wants what you're doing he'll drive to where you are.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
you could make a couple of models and have them lay out here on eo
have jeff do a piece on you to show what type of work you are able to do draw a couple of pictures and show and tell
maybe have something for next eo show in aug

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
>I need some work done to my van. I need to get someone that
>has the time and the skills to do such work. Could you
>please contact me to give me a quote on such work?
>
>Thanks,
>Cozy
>
>Andrea Cozart
>Ruco Transport