Reply To Mr.Gary Addis Article Decision 2000

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't understand how you can blame corporations as a group,and not blame unions for making it possible for your relative to make $40.00 an hour to change lightbulbs. You blame the corporation for the abuse of road over billing, but say nothing about the 25 workers leaning against the shovels.

I believe people can decide how they can best support there families not the government. So that is why I support Gov.Bush and his tax cut.

I also support campaign reform and Gov.Bush will be able to bring democrats, and republicans together to bring this about.

Ross Perot believes also that Gov.Bush can accomplish more because of his ability to bring people together, like he has done in Texas. This is coming from someone who supported Gov.Ann Richards when George W. Bush first ran against her for the governors office.

I also believe people should have a choice to send their children to other schools if the one in there district is not doing the job. The average person can't afford to pay for this like rich democrats and republicans can so that is why I support school vouchers.

I believe there are enough gun laws on the books now,lets enforce them.

I urge everyone to VOTE this election and every election.This is the only time many of us can do something to get the type of government we want.

TRUCKNMAMA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
All said and done as long as we all vote we can say what we want.
Just two more days and we'll know who will be our next President.If Ross Perot were running I'd be voting for him again.
To me this man would have greatly helped our country. He is a true American, not a politician like Gore and Bush. Too bad people didn't recognize this when he was running.

Iris

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gary,in your post you refer to the fact that several CEO!s make huge salaries etc.Neither the Republicans or Democrats have anything to do with that.Compensation of CEO!s is set by the board of directors who in turn are elected by the stockholders of said corporation.I am fortunate to own stocks in 7 companies and when the annual meeting notices are sent around I can!t help but laugh in disgust at the personel who make up the various boards.The good old boy/girl network works very well for them.Most of these people have never done a days work in their lives,yet they can control the workers of said companies.Last year after only 13 months on the job the Xeroex board fired their CEO. He received a parting bonus of over $20 million.I would sure like to get fired by that board of Directors..Thats a big problem in America. I am in 100% agreement with TRUCKMAMA ( Iris) about Ross Perot.Get to Washington and kick A--,get some personal responsibility back in people!s lives,and quit looking to the Government (IE Al Gore) to bail them out of the mess they make out of their lives.. Well so much for that,Off to Hartford CT for Tuesday delivery,stay safe everyone..

Kyle O

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bottom Line

I do not claim to know the history of Rockefeller or who Gates pissed off or on, while building stacks of money, or who Mr. Powell "sold his soul" to. Every individual has heard rags to riches stories.

I believe they all did things through their lives to aquire wealth. The first dollar they made was their money not yours or the governments; the first million they made was their money; the first billion they made was theirs. A national system that attempts to monitor and target its taxation on its citizens through the use of a sliding scale (as individuals graduate from middle class to the wealthy) is completely UNJUST. It is legalized theft.

Tax everyone by an equal percentage and give tax breaks equally across the board. The rich will still pay huge amounts and the family on minimum wage will still pay very little. Gore wants to give back the little that the minimum wage family has put in but keep the wealthy persons contribution. That is an unequitable system.

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The nature and extent of our current national crisis, as well as its causes and cures, are the subject of intense political struggle. I offer this letter as a contribution to that struggle and debate in hopes of helping to demonstrate conclusively that we must deal with V.P. Al Gore appropriately in such as way that there is nothing V.P. Gore can do about it except learn to live with the fait accompli. To start, insipid sewer rats (like V.P. Gore) are not born -- they are excreted. Once we have absorbed and understood his saturnine crusades, it is our inescapable responsibility to do whatever is necessary to oppose evil wherever it rears its contemptible head. V.P. Gore's dream is to rule the world, or failing that, annihilate it. That being the case, we definitely can infer that V.P. Gore parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, his ideas will change instantly, like a weathercock. For a variety of reasons, some strategic, some ideological, some attitudinal, and all of them wrong, iconoclastic practitioners of heathenism create a climate of intimidation. You might object to my claim that his views serve no purpose other than to kill the goose bearing the golden egg. But bear in mind that it is crystal-clear that he apparently wants to use us to fulfill his mudslinging mission. To top that off, he constantly insists that he is omnipotent. But he contradicts himself when he says that solecism is the only alternative to antagonism. We'll know soon enough just how foolhardy these kinds of popinjays can be. There, my ranting is finished.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I don't understand how you can
>blame corporations as a group,and
>not blame unions for making
>it possible for your relative
>to make $40.00 an hour
>to change lightbulbs. You blame
>the corporation for the abuse
>of road over billing, but
>say nothing about the 25
>workers leaning against the shovels.

Excuse me...did I say that my brother belonged to a union? The point was that, due to the corruption of the process, the untility was permitted to and was eager to pay outrageous wages
to its employees, because the higher the company's expenses, the greater its tack-on profit. Which is based on a percentage, profit-plus-cost. About the shovels. Dude, that's the same thing. Few highway construction workers are union. But the co. is not eager to get the work done when they earn far more money if the work requires 10 days instead of two.

You got something against unions? The fear of unions is responsible for a large percentage of your wages, my friend.

>I believe people can decide how
>they can best support there
>families not the government. So
>that is why I support
>Gov.Bush and his tax cut.

Selfish, short-sighted thinking. There's a multi-trillion dollar debt. If WE don't pay it off, it will continue to grow w/ compound interest, and in 20 years it'll sink the nation. Think of your great-grandchildren. Like the commercial says, "Pay me now, or pay me later." WE allowed Ronnie Reagan to steal $3,000,000,000,000 from our taxpayers; we have to pay it off--or at least make the effort.

>I also support campaign reform and
>Gov.Bush will be able to
>bring democrats, and republicans together
>to bring this about.

Yeah, sure he will. He and his CIA-operative daddy and his thieveing brother have probably succeeded in stealing this election. I'm sure the Democrats will be eager to work with this worm.

>Ross Perot believes also that Gov.Bush
>can accomplish more because of
>his ability to bring people
>together, like he has done
>in Texas. This is coming
>from someone who supported Gov.Ann
>Richards when George W. Bush
>first ran against her for
>the governors office.

Ross Perot, the littlest billionaire...arrogant, self-serving, bossy and thought he could buy his way into the Wh House. In a joint interview/debate against Al Gore on Larry King show in 1994, Gore badly embarrassed the little #####. Perot's own independent party threw him over because he had gone completely off his rocker.

>I also believe people should have
>a choice to send their
>children to other schools if
>the one in there district
>is not doing the job.
>The average person can't afford
>to pay for this like
>rich democrats and republicans can
>so that is why I
>support school vouchers.

This is an idiot stance. The average person, even with the few hundred dollars that vouchers would provide you, would not be able to send your kids to a class swchool; the best you'd manage would be a church school taught by high school dropouts. Meanwhile, taxpayers would have to make up the money difference to the public schools. Public schools are far from perfect. So work to improve them, don't toss out the only schooling poor folks have.

>I believe there are enough gun
>laws on the books now,lets
>enforce them.

So who stops the enforcement? The very people who cry about new laws. Whatthehell is wrong with trigger locks on handguns?

>I urge everyone to VOTE this
>election and every election.This is
>the only time many of
>us can do something to
>get the type of government
>we want.

Unh, unh. Just like the Florida vote, right? Gore won the popular vote, so why isn't he president-elect?

>
>
>
>

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>All said and done as long
>as we all vote we
>can say what we want.
>
>Just two more days and we'll
>know who will be our
>next President.If Ross Perot were
>running I'd be voting for
>him again.
>To me this man would have
>greatly helped our country. He
>is a true American, not
>a politician like Gore and
>Bush. Too bad people didn't
>recognize this when he was
>running.
>
>Iris

Iris, no offense, but you ought to research your candidates a bit. Back when Ross was ranting like a lunatic about NAFTA creating a "giant sucking sound," he and his son had just weeks b4 he started his BS campaign purchased a huge tract of land in Central Texas which he was developing as a "Free Trade Zone." Which became moot when NAFTA was approved: Perot family lost about $200 million on that one deal alone. What I'm saying is, Perot's ethics cannot be trusted. He looks out for himself first, last and always. Biggest thing that makes him dangerous is the giant's ego in that little body. I'm not a large man, either, and I assure you, because I used to wear one myself, Perot struts around with a large chip on his shoulder--he is overly eager to prove he has the biggest cojones in the room.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Your ability to use language would be more suited to the writing of comic books. Rants and raves, scatalogical references, and you haven't said a damned thing. Grow up.

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well if you knew anything about the constution, you would understand how Gore can win the popular vote and not be president elect. That is the way the law currently stands. If you don't like it, it is up to you to contact your representative and try to change the law.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Well if you knew anything about
>the constution, you would understand
>how Gore can win the
>popular vote and not be
>president elect. That is the
>way the law currently stands.
>If you don't like it,
>it is up to you
>to contact your representative and
>try to change the law.
>

I'll gladly debate the Constitution with you any time you like. What I'm saying is that, if the shoe were on the Republican foot, Bush would be ranting like a lunatic, trying to prevent Gore from taking office. B4 the election, it was assumed that Gore would win the electoral and Bush would take the popular--and there were several Repub press conferences deriding the constitutional process that you now favor so stoutly.

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would have to agree with you. If the shoe was on the other foot, the roles would be reversed. I am not in favor of the electoral college. Personally I think the president should be elected by the popular vote. I'm just saying that in this election the law still has the college. So even if you win the popular vote, you still might not be the president elect. We are all watching history in the makeing. I hope it never happens again.

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Do you ever wake up in the morning thinking, "Gary Addis spews out his vituperative slander from a safe, no-risk forum?"

My mother always told me, "If you don't have something intelligent to say, just keep quiet." Apparently, Gary's mother never told him that. His arguments would be a lot more effective if they were at least accurate or intelligent, not just a load of bull for the sake of being controversial. A final note: Deluded peddlers of snake-oil remedies often prove their point by relying on untenable conjecture and unverifiable hearsay.

garyaddis

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Do you ever wake up in
>the morning thinking, "Gary Addis
>spews out his vituperative slander
>from a safe, no-risk forum?"

You know, Beaker, you truly are a beaker full. My "slander" consisted of pointing out that you are quite adept a calling names, at accusing Gore of--what was that scatalogical reference you made? Whatever your remark, it doesn't matter. Because you spout the BS, but you never offer a fact to back anything up. Your vocabulary is impressive--vituperative, that's about a $50 word (meaning, simply put, that my verbiage was particularly vicious. No, I haven't gotten vicious. And I certainly am not hiding from you. I have no reason to: I am smarter, most likely I am stronger, I am more skilled with both fists and language, and, frankly, I enjoy interplay with an idiot.

>
>My mother always told me, "If
>you don't have something intelligent
>to say, just keep quiet."
>Apparently, Gary's mother never told
>him that. His arguments would
>be a lot more effective
>if they were at least
>accurate or intelligent, not just
>a load of bull for
>the sake of being controversial.
>A final note: Deluded peddlers
>of snake-oil remedies often prove
>their point by relying on
>untenable conjecture and unverifiable hearsay.
>
There you go again, Crockful. You want to get personal with me, I'll compare IQ scores with you (137, MENSA test); biceps size (17", bench press 410#); ability to dig up and present facts (the proof of your lack of ability in this regard is here on this forum--you spout wiseass, but you don't produce a single debatable point. I, on the other hand, produce publishable prose on a daily basis).

Your problem, little bird (oops, I meant little Beaker), is that the daily reading of a dictionary, while it has given you a fatter vocabulary than that of the average driver, has not taught you how to think. Or organize your arguments. Or even how to formulate original thoughts.

Obviously you will not grow up. Or begin to think for yourself. You will not ever, I don't think, be considered anything but a bucket-headed (oops, I meant Beaker-headed) mouthy Rush Limburger wannabe.

If you'd like to debate some issue, then bring up an issue. If you want to keep attacking Gore, myself, or any other human being of my acquaintance on a personal level, then I will respond in kind. Don't attack my mother again, don't even mention the name "mother," for you obviously never had one -- like slime from a raw egg, you dripped in one long tendril from the spout of a beaker (oops, I meant Frankenstein's test tube).

Till you began spitting vindictive, vile, and silly personal attacks, we were all enjoying a lively, but friendly, political debate in the Forum. When it grew heated, I apologized to several good folk for any real or perceived personal slur I may have made, and I received apologies in return. You, on the other hand, strive to annoy, rather than inform. I bet you're a real rip-snortin', belching, toy-boy rambo on the CB, ain't you.