Refrigerator help!!! Again

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My experience agrees with Hightech_Hobo: the Norcold is more money and hassle than the ones available at Lowe's. Especially if you want a proper freezer, which I definitely do.
Trying to get a Norcold repaired can waste a lot of time, while a less expensive fridge can be replaced in a couple hours. I've done both, and much prefer the less downtime option. ;)

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I bought an Engel refrigerator 9 years ago. i placed it in my van and turned it on. 21/2 years ago i turned it off to put it in my new van. That is the only time in 9 years that I have turned the refrigerator off. The Engel has kept a constant temperature this whole time. It was originally designed for organ transplant so it had to reliably keep the temperate constant. It is also designed to use very little electricity so when I go home I just leave it running. It has been stone reliable.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I bought an Engel refrigerator 9 years ago. i placed it in my van and turned it on. 21/2 years ago i turned it off to put it in my new van. That is the only time in 9 years that I have turned the refrigerator off. The Engel has kept a constant temperature this whole time. It was originally designed for organ transplant so it had to reliably keep the temperate constant. It is also designed to use very little electricity so when I go home I just leave it running. It has been stone reliable.

Now THAT'S a glowing testimonial!!