Redistribute GPA's

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Using the word "think" in the same sentence with student is about the same as using the word "honest" and "politician".

It might accidentally strike a chord with some of the students, hopefully so. The operative word though might be accidentally.

jimmy

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stupidity and/or brainwashing. That's what we're producing on college campuses for the most part.

jpalmer

Seasoned Expediter
Using the word "think" in the same sentence with student is about the same as using the word "honest" and "politician".

Its scary when students go into college more intelligent then when they come out.

One of the most painful things about this part time Valet job (besides my throbbing knees) is having to listen and explain real world economics to the early 20 year old's i work with. We were talking about gas prices last night and I told them we are headed for another recession because of the high prices. They said. "well other nations are paying higher fuel prices so we should too, We don't need to grow as much anymore"

right after that comment one of them said, "I graduated in may with a finance degree and can't find a job because they think all those people with experience are better then me."

So, They don't think we should grow as much anymore and we should pay high energy prices. Yet the complain they don't have a job? hmmm :rolleyes:

I am done trying to convince those who think otherwise. The only way for them to learn is to crash and burn.....

I wasn't born and raised a conservative....My blood was democrat when I was born....If you want to work for a living..It doesn't take long to see the light...

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
quote "So, They don't think we should grow as much anymore and we should pay high energy prices. Yet the complain they don't have a job? hmmm " quote

Frankly not to awful long ago I did not have a clue that cheap energy was the essential lifeblood of any society that wanted to grow and increase their standard of living. With out inexpensive energy, standards of living will fall even in the USA.

Jerry Pournelle's website helped open my eyes about the cost this country will pay in the future without inexpensive energy and I am not just talking about gas and home heating cost.

jimmy

Last edited: