recommendtion please

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
hi all, been awhile since i have been on the site, anyways, i would like to hear from van drivers based out of Michigan, to see if its worth while looking for a new company to move to, my current company has no interest in keeping me running, so time for a change, all help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
hi all, been awhile since i have been on the site, anyways, i would like to hear from van drivers based out of Michigan, to see if its worth while looking for a new company to move to, my current company has no interest in keeping me running, so time for a change, all help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

For what company are you driving now?

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
van freight is dead in michigan, been on the grand rapids board since friday, moved 2 spots....i am with the bigg cat..and live on the grand rapids board...

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I live about 40 miles North of Flint . Van freight is usually very slow in Mi . Companies that I am hooked on with bid on a load to Eagle Pass and another one to El Paso today but both fell through the cracks . Not too bad since I wasn't even in service but would have gone cause the miles were good

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Dean. It's not just your carrier most likely. Every former auto worker and his brother that are living in Michigan are on a fleet with someone driving a cargo van. Besides that, automotive freight, which would be your most likely commodity coming out of MI, is almost non-existent in comparison to even six months ago. If you do decide to move somewhere else, my recommendation would be to move to a carrier who hasn't limited their customer base to NLM and the Big 3.