Real Names on the Internet

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Doggone it, now I have to go commit a crime to make all that govmint snooping worth their trouble.

Hmmm, my friend, Upton O'Goode might have a few ideas, I'll have to ask him.:rolleyes:

Quickie note: I read the link Turtle provides. While the bill did pass out of committee it seem that passage through the House is by no means certain because it has enemies on both sides of the aisle. When you really look at the thing and get past the "It protects the children" stuff, it's hard for either Republicans or Democrats not to hate what this bill does to everybody. (Special special note: if this bill passes many of our representatives will spend sleepless nights--- and they're probably thinking about that.)

I think we keep our eyes open, maybe make fun of it here (as I did) and of course write our representatives (many of whom will already agree that this bill stinks).

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, it's just a bill, but it shows the kind of thinking that's going on in Congress (the Patriot Act comes to mind).

A

Aljocky

I understand the point but I think people also deserve some privacy. We should freely use the name we wanna use and not use our names if we prefer not to. Putting my real name on Facebook appears to me as being open to public about my personal details. Google search pulls out public info you share online yeah but what about some people search engines that are very accessible for everyone? The details that can be found there shouldn't be available for everyone's eyes, I must say.

I think I'd have the same creepy feeling if Facebook requires us to put on our names there. I should be expecting increase in the number of identity theft if that's the case.