Ram to Launch Fiat-Based Large Van

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
The Ram ProMaster will arrive for the 2014 model year, according to a release from Ram Truck, a division of Chrysler Group LLC. The van will be based on the Fiat Ducato van, but will be “significantly redesigned with familiar Ram Truck styling cues,” the announcement said. The truck also will feature powertrains tailored to North American commercial customers, Ram said. Chrysler is majority owned by Italy’s Fiat SpA.
Light & Medium Truck | Ram to Launch Fiat-Based Large Van
Fiat Vans to be Ram vans: Ducato, Doblo, Iveco Daily

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The photo second from the bottom is a fine looking artist concept but none of the specs in the article are any good for our use unless I missed something skimming through it. They're either too heavy or not heavy enough. They're also even later to the party than Ford, presuming Ford arrives in the next few months as they suggested. Then again, they are also several years behind the curve as well.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Fiat cars have always been a joke. I wouldn't buy one of their vans for at least 5 years proof of the puddin.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Fiat cars have always been a joke. I wouldn't buy one of their vans for at least 5 years proof of the puddin.

The article tells of versions of the vans used in European countries . You could research them .
Watch for other Chrysler vehicle to disappear and become rebadged Fiats . It was a well known fact in the industry Chrysler would only be bought by a foreign manufacturer looking to gain an inexpensive way to have a U.S. dealership network for their products .

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I would like to see a Dodge version of the Nissan NV style..long wheelbase, Ram style hood, with the tried and true 5.9.

Still dreamin LOL.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
It will but I think the sprinter has been topping them over the water for years.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

They have, but I am real curious as to whether or not any of the new ones coming out will be any cheaper in all areas compared to a Sprinter. I am disapointed to see no one has a vehicle as long as a Sprinter, though.

DST001

Expert Expediter
Well with all these newer sprinter like vans coming to North America Mercedes might have to add more dealers to there scant dealer network and drop there prices on new vans and parts . So this may work out in our favor :cool: the only thing I like about my sprinter 6 skid doubble stacked for freight 20+mpg thats is the rest is a pain in the ***

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if Nissan will ever come out with a longer version of the NV. I think I would like that better than the Fiat.