Racism where???

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Today on Andrew Wilkow, a black truck driver called in. He said he had a McCain/Palin sticker on his truck. A black woman saw the sticker and told him his boss was a racist. He said he owned the company and the truck. She called him an Uncle Tom.

Amazing how the true colors (no pun intended) come out around this time. It seems like some blacks think we OWE them a black president for whatever reason. And if we don't vote Obama, we're racist. Well, as it's been said before, I'm willing to vote for a black candidate... when the right (pun intended) one comes along. I might even be able to tolerate a moderate (Dennis Archer comes to mind), but not Obama. He is a dangerous man for this country and its freedoms. To me, a person's stance on issues, and their interpretation of the Constitution is the deciding factor of who I vote for; not the color of their skin. That's the way it should be, isn't it?

I'm guessing many think as I do, and are afraid to be called racists. Therefore, they nod and cheer for Obama, while they pull the lever for McCain. Gotta love secret ballots; which Obama wants to get rid of in the unions, btw. I, for one, will not be putting a sign in my yard for McCain. I wouldn't if I wanted to anyways. Won't give any excuses, as there are too many Obamamaniacs in my neighborhood, regardless of color or race. I'll just close the curtain and pull the lever like a good citizen should.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The secret heart of our Republic IS the secret ballot. Keep in mind that the Obama crew are trying to get rid of it. First at union meetings. They want open voting only at union meetings to be a federal law. Talk about intimidation. In Michigan they are working on ways to by-pass the legislature to insure passage of Marxits plans. Cutting back on Supreme court justices and several other measures. Better watch out, these people are sneaky, evil and vile. They seek only power and to control you. They will if you let them. Layoutshooter

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I forgot to mention Charles Barkley in the first post. He's been a conservative, and a friend of Rush Limbaugh for a long time. The other day I heard a soundbite of Sir Charles saying "And they use code words, like welfare and things like that. And they just use code words. They're using the terrorist thing now. You know, they're trying to use the Muslim thing. Those are racial innuendos. The only way they can win this election is make it about race. That's the only way they can win it."

Oh Charles! That's a far cry from another quote you said prior to your messiah's nomination... “Poor people have been voting for Democrats for 50 years and they’re still poor.”

Being that he jumped ship on his philosophy in August, to jump on the Obama bandwagon, I'm wondering if race played a part in this. Do you think he'd be this adamant if Hillary were the candidate? Not me. Shame on you, Barkley, for siding with color over your soul. You may just have sold it to the devil. Shake hands with Colin Powell... he did as well.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"A black woman saw the sticker and told him his boss was a racist. He said he owned the company and the truck. She called him an Uncle Tom."

And there you have it. The candidates have tried their dead level best to pretend race is not an issue, to even pretend racism doesn't exist, but everyone else in the country knows better. Like you said, blacks (many of them) see this as something they are owed, or, to put a fine point on it, something they are entitled to have. Polls show that 93% of blacks are voting for Obama. The numbers of black voters who vote Democrat have never been even remotely that one-sided, and the reason is, of course, race, and the fact that blacks for centuries in this country have been held back, beaten back, stepped on and held down, and now is Their Time to Get Theirs!

The issues don't matter, and irony of ironies, content of character doesn't matter, only the color of his skin matters. Here's to ya, Dr King. Be careful of what you wish for, you might just get it.

There will be riots in the streets regardless of who wins this thing.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Riots are what they are after. The Democrats have been trying to divide the country for years. You know, protected classes. Turn one against the other. Dr. King's speach said color or any other difference for that matter, should matter. People are just people. But the Dems are doing all they can to stop that from happening. Divide the people and it is easier to take control. That is thier only goal. Power and control and we are giving it to them. Tax revolt. Take away thier money and you destroy thier power. Take control of them before they control you. Layoutshooter

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
My wife is black and actually has an uncle named Tom. When she first told me about her Uncle Tom, I laughed and she didn't understand what was so funny and I had to explain it to her. She's from Kenya and the term isn't used there.

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah and a white lady said she was attacked by a Obama supporter who then carved a backwards B on her face...
Lets face it there are whack jobs on both sides, black and white, republican, and democrats.
Of course some black people will vote MCCain, because he represents policies they believe in. Some white people will vote Obama because he represents policies they believe in.
Same for women voters. I believe it is about policies that work, and those policies that dont.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In a normal election the black vote would go to the democrat in about a 2/1 margin. In this election it's running about 9/1. No, there's no racism going on here. :rolleyes:

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
Well if you think that- then maybe John Mccain should have put Condeelisa Rice on his ticket, his pick was to pull Hillary Clinton voters, women voters... ? She is way more experienced.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It isn't what I think or not, it's what the historical black vote is compared to this election. Yes, maybe he should have put C.R. on the ticket. Then again, she may have declined to participate.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not a question of merely thinking that blacks are overwhelmingly voting their race. Poll after poll shows that blacks are voting somewhere between 93% and 96% for Obama, whereas historically blacks voters are about 60% to 65% for the Democratic ticket. A jump from 60% to more than 90% is not insignificant, particularly in light of the same polls that show whites are voting in the same percentages for Obama that they historically have voted for the Democrat.

The conclusion for the percentages to suddenly be so different is that blacks are voting for race, not the man, not the Democratic party. And it's not even a conclusion, just ask a few blacks who they are voting for and why, they'll tell you straight up.

Some remember it, others are watching video of it in schools and on television, where blacks were hosed in civil rights marches in the 60's, and now there's a black man running for president. They're not going to let the opportunity pass them by. But at the same time, blacks are cautiously optomistic...

Couple of good articles:
Cautious joy as blacks imagine Obama win - Decision '08

Race fear vs. money anxiety at play in election - Barack Obama News

Best quote ever, from Cornel West, a black professor a Princeton...

"The empire is in decline, the culture is in decay, the democracy is in trouble, financial markets near collapse. It's almost Biblical. And you can imagine what the black brothers and sisters in the barbershops and beauty salons say: 'Right when the thing is about to go under, they hand it over to the black man.'"

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
I think the youth vote must be taken into consideration also-if blacks turned out 9/1 for democrats... I would be interested in knowing what the youth vote numbers turn out? Guess we wont know that even in the end. Then there is the cell phone only voters who have never been polled?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It has nothing to do with youth or age, only race. Black voters are voting race only in this instance. Another example of stupidity in the voting booth.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, youth voters have always tended to vote Democratic, because younger people tend to be very liberal until they grow up and see how things actually work.

There have been a few blacks who have expressed their concern with the fact that, in direct conflict with the dreams of Dr Martin Luther King, Jr, blacks are voting not based on the content of character, but on the color of his skin. And they're right to be concerned. It's a huge step backwards.