Quit Question

armin88

Expert Expediter
Another newbie with a question I know,lol.Anyway I'm in talks with an O/O who going pay me by the mile but I don't have to qualified with the company he lease with,so my question is how is the company going run the truck as a team truck?I just woundering.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Another newbie with a question I know,lol.

OK I guess ... :p

Anyway I'm in talks with an O/O who going pay me by the mile but I don't have to qualified with the company he lease with,so my question is how is the company going run the truck as a team truck?I just woundering.

I wouldn't worry about how the company is going to run the truck but rather wonder if the owner is telling the truth and you are not running for a shady operation.

EVERY driver of EVERY company has a process to go through in order to satify first the insurance company and then the state/feds which means that the federal requirement of filling out an app, having that app verified and than having to make sure you don't have a seriously crappy driving record is always done.

armin88

Expert Expediter
OK I guess ... :p

I wouldn't worry about how the company is going to run the truck but rather wonder if the owner is telling the truth and you are not running for a shady operation.

EVERY driver of EVERY company has a process to go through in order to satify first the insurance company and then the state/feds which means that the federal requirement of filling out an app, having that app verified and than having to make sure you don't have a seriously crappy driving record is always done.

I was woundering about that to but my concern is how are we going run as a team truck that's my concern.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I would think about this carefully, it matters that the right information gets to you before considering how much you will make or how the truck will be used because if you get someone who screws with you right from the beginning, nothing else matters.

But to answer the concern, I would say it depends on a number of factors, one is the company he is leased to and the other is how his business plan fits into the company.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
The truck is still going to be run as solo. If you aren't qualified by the company you aren't listed as a driver of that vehicle.

Here is an analogy for you. My wife was to ride with me it would be considered a solo with a passenger because she isn't company approved.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Another newbie with a question I know,lol.Anyway I'm in talks with an O/O who going pay me by the mile but I don't have to qualified with the company he lease with,so my question is how is the company going run the truck as a team truck?I just woundering.

Slightly confused. Back in January you said in another post that you were unable to be qualified by any company due to your driving record. If you can't be qualified by a company that doeant mean that just because an owner qualifies you to drive for them that you can.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like the owner is leased to multiple Companys and will be using you to "keep rolling" and get around logging (HOS) similar to keeping multiple logs. I know of one owner that played that way and got away with it until his hired driver crashed while he (the) owner was in the sleeper. Injuries ended his driving and he lost everything...and should have. Be the better of this situation and if you can't confirm it is ligit then walk away!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Slightly confused. Back in January you said in another post that you were unable to be qualified by any company due to your driving record. If you can't be qualified by a company that doeant mean that just because an owner qualifies you to drive for them that you can.

Good catch, Jenny.
It matters not if the owner qualifies a driver, or the carrier does - if the insurance doesn't, there will be serious problems in the event of an accident. Even a minor fender bender would be big trouble for the owner and the carrier, if the driver wasn't qualified by the insurance company.
Even more so if a solo driver is dispatched as a team, which is the drift I'm getting from the question posted.

armin88

Expert Expediter

I had a speeding ticket from 2009 and that's it,but because of that speeding ticket at the time being not to long ago yes most companies wouldn't accept me.It shouldn't be an issue within 6 months from now because it will be a 3 year old ticket in June of 2012.I guest most companies only look back 3 years of your MVR and some go back 5 to 10 years.I never had any other tickets and I had a driver's licence since 2001.Since that post almost a year ago I have called other companies and I did find a few who didn't have a problem with it but since I have no OTR experience I couldn't be approved.There was one company that would take me but I would need a team driver who had at 2 years exp but I can't recall which company that was.