question....

randy123

Expert Expediter
hows everybody...doing good here ..i need to know if i pull my van out of service (quit) will i get my escrow money back...almost 2200.00...what is this money for anyways. thanks in advance..randy

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>hows everybody...doing good here ..i need to know if i pull
>my van out of service (quit) will i get my escrow money
>back...almost 2200.00...what is this money for anyways.
>thanks in advance..randy
WOW!

the money is usualy used to ensure that you return the Qualcom and incase you have things deducted from your settlements when you haven't generated any revenue.

For example, if you have insurance taken out weekly ($100) and you have not had a run in three weeks, $100 is deducted from the escrow to cover the insurance. Others may correct me if I am wrong.

late for dinner

Expert Expediter
Randy, it all depends on who you are leassed on to. I understand that if you cancell your contract with Panther, they think the money belongs to then. I cancelled with Fedex Custom Critical and got my money back.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You Should Get it Back in about 30 days after you sign off. I say Should I have had Problems with one Carrier But not with Others.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

randy123

Expert Expediter
thanks guys...i wont list any names on here but it been a problem from the start...i dont have any thing that i use of theirs...my ins comes off my credit card...we dont have any contract... and they hold back 2 weeks pay... randy

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
You Can KISS Your Money GOODBYE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Afew years back i leased a truck from a company which will remain unknown.After 6 months with them and having them take out 50 bucks a week,i had my 1,000 dollar escrow account.
I left them a little while later and got all of 165 bucks back.
They deducted everything out of it.
BUT THE THING THAT REALLY ##### ME OFF WAS THE CHARGE FOR 165 BUCKS FOR A NEW MATTRESS.
I had to throw their old mattress out the first day i got in the truck because it was filled with FLEAS.
Went out and bought myself an air mattress,and left it in the truck when i quit them.Didn't matter,they went and charged me anyways for a new mattress.
YES THERE WERE MANY TRYING HOURS WORKING FOR T-Y H---S

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What company are you with? That seems like an extremely high escrow amount for a van. If you'll post who you are with perhaps some members will have direct experience and can answer your question better.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 4958, 5447
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

targuard86

Expert Expediter
Wasn't he with Eagle out of the Detroit area? Not Eagle Global logistics but another company called Eagle?

I had a truck on with Landstar and when we removed it from them my former driver didn't send in the last trips paperwork so I just knew my money was gone. A lady in the Landstar Corporate office worked for over 2 months to track down the paperwork and we finally did get our money. I'm sure Landstar's customer wasn't paying them unless they produced the paperwork but I was impressed that they would return my money after they had to do all that work because my driver dropped the ball.

Landstar gets two thumbs up from me!!

randy123

Expert Expediter
hi guys....thats the one...we have had a few problems in the last weeks...mainly dispatch... thay took 1/2 my check for 4 weeks that way i was two weeks behind... i went in this morning i think their fixing the problem but i just need to know what to expect....randy