Question about truck stop showers

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have learned to bring my own towels-they don't always wash the towels-dry and go. got one with a chemical on it-not happy when my skin felt like it was on fire !
we used to shower together-now seperatly-faster and I enjoy my privacy-after 34 years together we find no surprises left-get er-done!:D

A

Anomaly

Interesting comment about the shower shoes ... we always carry extra flip-flops with us to use in public facilities. Here in the Philippines that is quite common but I had not even thought about the need for it if and when I do return to the states. However, for those of you there who may have experienced that itchy feeling between your toes and tried to scratch it while holding down the accelerator at the same time ... a most awkward proposition I may add ... the cheap flip-flops from any store will work just fine for showering, drying and can easily be dried or stored in plastic bags until the next time you need them.

Never thought I would worry about that back in the states but it is a very important point. As for showering together, my wife knows how to defend herself should she find it necessary but personally, I think showering together would be much more ... ummm ... pleasant! Yeah, scrubbing my back is what I meant ... what did you think I meant?

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I would use my own towels, but there's no practical way to easily and quickly dry them afterwards, so they'd just become a breeding ground for mold, fungus and all manner of bacteria while they were slowly drying, or not, in the truck.
Hey get a little fan and run it to dry the towel, done this before and works.

ScoobyMagee

Expert Expediter
We get team showers (2) same price as (1) we spend enough time together! If we are in a place that I don't feel safe my husband hangs out by my shower. He usually waits to carry my bag(he is wonderful)