Question about truck stop showers

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
I was curious about this: NOT trying to be cute or funny but do truck stops allow married couples to shower together? It seems to me this would drastically cut down on cost of a shower and it would make the ladies feel a whole lot safer, depending on the mood of the husband, maybe not.
Seriously, I was embarrased to ask at the desk so I just wondered if any one had done that or know if you can.
Thanks for replies...
Jumbuck
(Still a Newbie)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Yes. We always shower together. Just get one shower and go on about your business. Ask for extra towels if you need them.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If there seem to be un- used showers we often ask if they have a larger shower to move us into. Often they have a shower that's larger than others. Sometimes it'll be the handicapped shower. You'll both enjoy the extra room.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
If there seem to be un- used showers we often ask if they have a larger shower to move us into. Often they have a shower that's larger than others. Sometimes it'll be the handicapped shower. You'll both enjoy the extra room.

This!! We always ask if they have a larger shower. If not than fine, just ask and they will gladly give you extra towels. Also dont forget shower shoes!!!!!!! And my wife and I always take a floor towel to stand on as we dry so we can take off the shower shoes to dry and dress. Than just hang it to dry, in the truck, till next time. And throw it in the laundry every so often. We usually stay out 6 weeks or more at a time.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When JuJu and I were on the road together....she would go in first and I'd wait in the lounge and she'd text me..."NEXT" and I'd get a new set of towels....2 people is way too crowded....it is hard to shave my legs in there with her around....LOL Security was NEVER an issue...

Last edited:

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for great info: Now if I can ask...what is a deep cycle battery and what is a battery isolator and where might we get one? Thanks so much....

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
When JuJu and I were on the road together....she would go in first and I'd wait in the lounge and she'd text me..."NEXT" and I'd get a new set of towels....2 FULL sized people is way too crowded....it is hard to shave my legs in there with her around....LOL Security was NEVER an issue...
Do you mean that there is no worries, mate? As I said, I've never done it so I didn't know what it would be like...I guess I'm just dumb!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you mean that there is no worries, mate? As I said, I've never done it so I didn't know what it would be like...I guess I'm just dumb!!

Dumb is NOT asking the question....Once she's in there is a dead bolt she can use...and it is a moment of privacy you don't get in the truck....women do women things and men do men things...:p

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
If you shower seperately who washes your back ?

Since im single and a solo driver this can be an issue for me as well. If there is a nice looking female shower attendant, I just ask her. If that option is not available, I sometimes ask on the cb if any lady drivers would like to scrub my back for me in the shower. If neither of those two options are available, I have one of the back scrubber thingies and just do it myself. Seems as though I use my back scrubber thingie an awful lot though :D

Last edited:

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
This!! We always ask if they have a larger shower. If not than fine, just ask and they will gladly give you extra towels. Also dont forget shower shoes!!!!!!! And my wife and I always take a floor towel to stand on as we dry so we can take off the shower shoes to dry and dress. Than just hang it to dry, in the truck, till next time. And throw it in the laundry every so often. We usually stay out 6 weeks or more at a time.

Yes, the larger showers are really nice, especially if they are like the great big showers in nice hotels. Never had a chance to get in one with someone though - but they are plenty roomy for one. Guess if you are lucky enough to shower with the one you love - it would come in handy.

armin88

Expert Expediter
I don't know about anyone else but I personally bring my own towel from home,I really don't like using the towels truck stops issue.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would use my own towels, but there's no practical way to easily and quickly dry them afterwards, so they'd just become a breeding ground for mold, fungus and all manner of bacteria while they were slowly drying, or not, in the truck.

guido4475

Not a Member
When JuJu and I were on the road together....she would go in first and I'd wait in the lounge and she'd text me..."NEXT" and I'd get a new set of towels....2 people is way too crowded....it is hard to shave my legs in there with her around....LOL Security was NEVER an issue...

The shaving of youre legs....is this a Canadian thing?...lol:eek: