Question about sleeper airbags?

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I have a freightliner m2 with a alumi-bunk sleeper. One of my 3 sleeper airbags is starting to leak they are all too dry rotted to see the numbers. I took it by freightliner and they wouldn't check to see if the airbags they have in stock are the same, unless I let them write up a ticket. Which I did not because i'm not going to pay them if they don't have the righg ones. My question is does anyone know if the airbags they normally keep in stock would be the same or would I have to go through alumi-bunk. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums mobile app

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Should be the same. Most of the sleeper bags correspond to about 3 different part # which all cross reference to all the bag makers. The biggest thing is how they mount on the air ride unit itself. Most of the after market units are made by Link corp. Should be a female fitting on top the bag and a male on the bottom with a female in the middle of the male to accept the air line.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'd take a picture of it as best as you can and see if you can match it up that way, there aren't that many different size sleeper air bags, why not contact alumibunk for part number, I'm not sure if they are still around, but that would be my first option

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Thanks everyone for the responses I've contacted crew chief (formerly alumi-bunk). They said the price is $129.00 for each bag. I stopped by a freightliner servicepoint center at a TA today and they told me the same thing as the freightliner dealership order from alumi-bunk because the ones they had were bigger. I thought surely someone else has these things.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thanks everyone for the responses I've contacted crew chief (formerly alumi-bunk). They said the price is $129.00 for each bag. I stopped by a freightliner servicepoint center at a TA today and they told me the same thing as the freightliner dealership order from alumi-bunk because the ones they had were bigger. I thought surely someone else has these things.

There is no way those bags should be that much. You should look at the air ride housing and see if its made by Link. I guarantee you it probably is. They should cost about 60 to 80 buck a piece.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
You also can get them thru Bolt Sleepers for around $45 EACH. And pay for shipping ordered mine a few months .