Qualcomm Ram Mount

rspangle

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know if Ram Make a in cab mount for the qualcomm units? I looked at Ram"s website and could not find a mount for the Qualcomm. Maybe drivers are using a laptop mount or something else.

Rick

rspangle

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks, maybe someone else has some more information. I going to email RAM and see what they say.

Rick

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
if i understand what you are looking for, contact a qualcomm installer or service center in your area, ask them if they have the "pocket" that the keyboard / screen unit slides into. You can the buy a ball and socket mount and piviot arm fro Ram and if you are mechanically inclined, you can mount the ball and socket mount to the pocket bracket and mount that on the pivot arm and then to the Ram stand....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I just removed my laptop and tried the qualcomm for fit, and it fits quite nicely. My laptop tray is for the "up to 17 inch screen" model. You can probably get away with using the compact model if you are only using it for the qc. All the brochures show the computer clamped into the tray laterally. I turn my computer so the clamp fingers hold the fore and aft edges of the computer. That is the same way I think the qc might like to be mounted too.

eb

rspangle

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks fo the info. I think I'll secure a QC pocket and mount it to some of RAM's componets. I'll probably use all of their computer mounting parts excet the top part.

Try Hours Inc.

Rick