QC Issues

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Is anyone else having QC issues today? Requested board position via QC because the drivers web isn't updating, and received nothing back. Right now, we are showing on a different board than we actually are because it's not updating.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pelican, I think everyone is having trouble..I just finished a load and none of my in/out times where received...can not get a board position or a fleet reposition and never got my comdata card loaded..I just called in and got the message we are unable to take your call at this time..they will tell you they are working on the problem the best they can...when I suggested crediting me my 35.00 dollars for this useless POS they call a Qualcom they tell you they can not do that...I would hate to think they treat customers this way. makes you think...I just got home and I am 120 miles from Indy and still showing number 5 on the Indy board...Great Job your doing Panther!!!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I called too, got the "yeah we're having issues" after a 20 minute wait time. Glad it's not just us. ;) Enjoy being at home!

eah24fan

Seasoned Expediter
We have been having issues with the QC too. They keep polling us in Mexico. And we are in Indiana. One dispatcher was even dumb enough to call and ask us when we were going to be crossing back over the mexican border into the US. lol Ever since they did that stupid QC update we have had nothing but problems.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
In the world we live in not everything is prefect. I'm sure they will get the bugs out soon. I remember when the QC at Roberts would be down on Sundays for 6 hours sometimes. You can still get load offers and info they sent out, I think the problem is when you try to send something to them. They are working to fix the problem.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm sure they will get the bugs out soon.
That's the overly optimistic viewpoint of someone who doesn't know what kind of bugs they're dealing with. :D

They're dealing with hardware and software issues on several levels, trying to get motherboards and chips to perform tasks they weren't designed to do and thus cannot handle the data, they are trying to link together several different types of hardware, all of which speak different languages, and at the same time are tying to implement all kinds of really neat, keen, supercool and groovy updates and features from Research In Motion (Blackberry), and are trying to get it all to work within the current hardware and software platform of Qualcomm.

This is not merely something that broke and now it needs to be fixed. It's the classic case of fixing something that wasn't broken. Whoops. It's a classic bad implementation of a good idea, ill-timed, ill-conceived, and utterly unprepared.

Oh, they're working on it, but they're treating symptoms instead of curing the cause. They get one thing to work, and the fix causes several things down the line to quit working. Like, let's get these two pieces of hardware talking to each other, great, that works, whoops, now the software that talks to the hardware doesn't talk to it anymore, let's fix that, great, whoops, now that piece of hardware over there won't talk to this one 'cause the DHCP server can't talk to anything, oh, man, now what do we do...

Shouldda had a parallel system, hardware and software, up and running, and then roll it right over. But that would have cost more than doing it piecemeal. Whoops, again.

When they get it all done it'll be really kewl, tho. :D

Last edited:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Mr. Turtle you are absolutely correct. Another problem, they gave no notice that they were going to change anything. Now they have started something that will also cost truck owners money in order to update equipment in order to work with these changes.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well, lets hope they get it fixed and up and running soon that all I can say.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah does everyone's QC now say OmniVision now Unavailable truck in motion?

I can understand this if you where a solo driver but as a team, one person is driving when the other is messing with the QC getting directions and what not....

So what do they want us to do pull over and check the thing every time that we get a message... I told them expect to get a call from me every time you send something because I can't stop to check that everytime they want to tell me something...

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Kyle, Glen in the shop can take care of that, we had to have ours changed. It's just a click on the computer

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Yeap, we are having the problem as well.

We have also ran into the problem, where deadhead numbers and money were not being generated automatically.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
What i like about it now. You have to call in when you get to a shipper, when you leave, when you get to the cons, and leave. And then you comdata don't load because they had to put your out time in. Then you go and get fuel and the pump stops because there is no money on the card. But the best part is when you deliver and your #2 on a board with no average out in the middle of nowhere and ask for a em and they say they have a freeze on them. So you dh over 200 miles to get to a board and 3 hrs later they call and wake you up wanting to know if you will take a em for .20 cpm to a board 500 miles away.:confused:

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
What i like about it now. You have to call in when you get to a shipper, when you leave, when you get to the cons, and leave. And then you comdata don't load because they had to put your out time in. Then you go and get fuel and the pump stops because there is no money on the card. But the best part is when you deliver and your #2 on a board with no average out in the middle of nowhere and ask for a em and they say they have a freeze on them. So you dh over 200 miles to get to a board and 3 hrs later they call and wake you up wanting to know if you will take a em for .20 cpm to a board 500 miles away.:confused:

They put a freeze on the Empty Moves?

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
They put a freeze on the Empty Moves?

Thats what they told me on monday when i delivered. And today they said the same thing. But today after i got parked they called and offered me one. So i asked why i couldn't get one when i delivered instead of 3 hrs later, they said they were just trying to get some of the trucks moved to better freight areas. They wanted me to go to memphis which had 4 trucks with a average of 6. Im 5 outa 5 where i'm sitting. I don't get it.