Canada Pusher Axle and Canada

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find the info. We forgot about the rule that you cannot use a pusher or tag axle in Canada and they are illegal to be on the ground. We had ours down as we where 1000 over on the drives when we went into British Columbia. The scale master told us as we where not going much further and if we lifted the axle he would let us go this time.

Does any one remember where you can find the info on this law?

heel4you

Expert Expediter
I don't know the answer to your question, but.....
just for my knowledge....
why can you not have a pusher or tag axle down in Canada???
Seems odd to me, I am just curious.
Thanks,
Laura

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find the
>info. We forgot about the rule that you cannot use a pusher
>or tag axle in Canada and they are illegal to be on the
>ground. We had ours down as we where 1000 over on the
>drives when we went into British Columbia. The scale master
>told us as we where not going much further and if we lifted
>the axle he would let us go this time.
>
>Does any one remember where you can find the info on this
>law?

First of all there isn't a law for all of Canada.
Transportation is a Provincial responsibilty and each province has their own set of regulations.
British Columbia has different regulations from Ontario.
Lift axle regs for BC are as follows:
http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/reg/C/CommerTrans/30_78/30_78.htm#section7.10

Each Province has their motor vehicle regulations on the internet. All drivers coming to Canada should check these before entering.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is interesting as he said it was the law for all of Canada! Thanks for the link.

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
You said the scale master said "it was the law for all of Canada", I have to say it is just like here in the States, every state has different laws and you would be very surprised if you actually sit down and discuss the differences of laws from state to state with law officers from various states. They are just like us they live in their own world and do not really concern themselves with the things that do not affect them. They all assume if it is the law in California then it must be the same in Mississippi. Just an observation.