Program to help truckers attracts drug smugglers

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not bad at all. We enjoyed our time off and are now looking forward to getting back on the road. Back in service tomorrow.

creeper

Seasoned Expediter
I to say in my opinion that most of all the bad sides expressed on this subject of legalizing marijuana are already happening. I could see some benefits to making marijuana legal and I mean only that not all these chemical drugs like meth and crack. The US spends over 27 billion a year to combat marijuana alone. As for the parents spending money on drugs instead of bills or the revenuers like the moonshiners, thats all happening already. If the Goverment controled the legal sales of marijuana like PA does liquer and wine and contracted all these farmers that have had to close up shop and sell the land that hs been in thier family for generations as the only legal growers I cant help to see some benefits from that. I just want to be clear that I do not use any type of illegal drugs but have seen and know of others that do, I think we all do to a point. I will also say I would rather deal with a pot head giggling away then with an angry drunk that just finished of a fifth of JD. The truth is illegal drugs are not hard to come by even in prison. So I guess what we need to ask ourselves is it worth legalizing marijuana to save at the very least 27 billion a year and maybe cut into the national debt even just a little bit. I think it is a question we all have to answer for ourselves. Also would like to add this....I Never Agreed to NAFTA and knew this country was going to take a major hit the day they signed that piece of garbage.