Prestige

guido4475

Not a Member
Never have worked for them,only talked to them a few times.Real nice people.About 5 years ago they wanted me to carry primary insurance but still be paid like a leased o/o. No way. Dont know if it has changed or not since then.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
:)
Never have worked for them,only talked to them a few times.Real nice people.About 5 years ago they wanted me to carry primary insurance but still be paid like a leased o/o. No way. Dont know if it has changed or not since then.

I've been in contact with them in the last couple of months and they still want you to carry your own liability and cargo. I don't remember much else about them (it's all on paper somewhere), but they were very pleasant to deal with.

For the original poster - I believe they will let you sign with them and still sign with a few other carriers, if that would be an arrangement that would interest you.

If you must carry your own insurance, call John @ CIS (Commercial Insurance Solutions) 1-330-864-1511. They really know the expedite insurance business and have a great relationship with most of the expedite carriers.

Hope this rambling on was of some help to somebody. :)

guido4475

Not a Member
yes, but to pay primary insurance for leased o/o rates? no way. that is not good thinking.might as well get your own authority.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
yes, but to pay primary insurance for leased o/o rates? no way. that is not good thinking.might as well get your own authority.

I was quoted only a little over 1500/year for 1,000,000 liability and 100,000 cargo. I think that is reasonable. Especially considering that it includes riders (of course your company has to allow it also).

The biggest benefit to having your own is the free roadside assistance and towing. And all this for just a little more than I would pay through Panther.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I was quoted only a little over 1500/year for 1,000,000 liability and 100,000 cargo. I think that is reasonable. Especially considering that it includes riders (of course your company has to allow it also).

The biggest benefit to having your own is the free roadside assistance and towing. And all this for just a little more than I would pay through Panther.

I think that what you were quoted was for either cargo ins. only, or non trucking liability. I spent 2 months getting quotes after applying for my own authority and with any kind of mileage range that would work for an expediter was at least 4000.00 per year, and I have a clean MVR

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
I think that what you were quoted was for either cargo ins. only, or non trucking liability. I spent 2 months getting quotes after applying for my own authority and with any kind of mileage range that would work for an expediter was at least 4000.00 per year, and I have a clean MVR

Call John @ Commercial Insurance Solutions 1-330-864-1511

He is most knowledgable of this industry. Below are the exact details of my quote.

$1 Million Primary Liability
$100,000 Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
MI mandatory PIP/PPI
$100 comprehensive deductible and $1,000 collision deductible with the Stated Amount/Actual Cash Value, whichever is less, of $9,000 on your van
$100,000 in cargo coverage w/$1,000 deductibles
Roadside Assistance
2 additional insureds on your policy

It can't hurt to give him a call.