Pre 2007 sprinter foglights

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't have the option...i do see where they would go in the factory headlight, now do the bulbs go thru the small hole or do I need to cut out that round circle (no hole) to fit?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's just a pop out part in the bumper
My bumper has no such pop out...there is a blank in the headlight bezel, and the factory headlight bezel with foglights are on ebay, but I don't even know if that was north America or Europe option...my idea was to use the appropriate hole saw in the factory location and then the angle would be correct...i always end up killing the bumper foglights off quick, snow and critters...

Also plan on tiny strobes for breakdowns and zero visibility situations, picture your last bad snowstorm and how far away you saw the emergency vehicle strobes compared to the brake lights of the car in front of you...connected to the hazard flashers so nobody thinks I'm trying to fake a cop car to speed thru traffic:)
2pc 2nd Gen. 4W Amber LED Hide Away Emergency Vehicle Warning Strobe Light

Factory foglight bezel
DEPO 03-06 Dodge Sprinter Euro Replacement Headlights with Fog Lights Pair New

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
That euro set looks like it needs a special plug....if you ever get down to toledo,ohio go to wayne rodd's shop he's got a few 2007 and newer vans he might part out.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For anybody with yellow oxidized headlights the Internet got one thing right...400 grit, then 2000 then 3000 (3m sanding disk) just did it quick by hand, they look better than anything I've ever had...followed it up with an armor all Polish, as I will put the 3000 on a wheel and do it right with clear coat when I get more time

Skip the 400 if they're not yellow or checked

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So my headlights are much brighter now...i figured out that thumbwheel on the left of the steering isn't a dimmer switch o_O

Still looking on how to modify my headlights to accept fog bulbs if anybody knows...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So my headlights are much brighter now...i figured out that thumbwheel on the left of the steering isn't a dimmer switch o_O

Still looking on how to modify my headlights to accept fog bulbs if anybody knows...
I believe that thumbwheel if you pull it out when the lights are on will illuminate the rear lower lamps (fog lights). This may also turn on the fog lights on the front. I dunno. Have to give it a try.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
North American Sprinters aren't wired for fog lamps, far as I know. They're is no simple headlamp assembly swap for fog light magic. You need to do the complete wiring on it. You can get the rocker switch for the dash to go right next to the leveler wheel. There's a spot right there for it already.

When I first got mine I had ordered one with fog lamps, because they were important to me. When mine was delayed from a September delivery to an April delivery, I canceled the order and went went the one down the street that the guy was asking only what he still owed on it, $28,000. It had 4100 miles on it and had basically been sitting in his poll barn for a year. For that kind of discount I could live without fog lights.

I looked into dealer and aftermarket fog lights, and at least at that time, it was going to be way more trouble and expensive than it was worth. I haven't looked into it since, but I don't think that's changed.

And after having the wiring at one of the plugs that plug into the rear of the H7 headlight bulb disintegrate from being rotted, and after having a short in the wiring harness that took a really lot of work for the auto electric guy to track down and band-aid together, and then after having the entire engine wiring harness replaced in January, I'm looking to not try and fix what's not broken or add anything to it.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
believe that thumbwheel if you pull it out when the lights are on will illuminate the rear lower lamps (fog lights
Mine definitely aim the low beams up and down. If I can verify what I think is the blank for foglights I'll break out the hole saw...or break out the wallet for euro ones but turtle, I've tried the headlight bulbs you use and they last me about 200 hours, I'm looking for angle and long life

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Silverstar Ultras have more "throw" and a wider angle, than standard bulbs, but yeah, 150-200 hours is about all your gonna get out of them. They have a one year warranty, which I've taken advantage of many multiple times. And since it takes like 2 minutes to change one, I can live with the 200 hours in exchange for the brighter field of view. But that's me. If I had my way I'd have a railroad engine light on each side and an aircraft landing light mounted on the roof.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And a nice loud Leslie train horn :)
I'll never forget the time I was traveling through Montana on US 212 from the Crow Agency heading east towards Belle Fourche. I was running the back door with two cattle trucks (that were thankfully not loaded). One of the cattle haulers had a train horn, although it was a Nathan AirChime, same one that's on Amtrack and CSX. At least that's what the driver told me on the CB, and I do know that CSX for sure uses a Nathan horn. He hit the horn a few times out in the middle of nowhere and I'm looking around for a non-existent train, or even tracks. "Where the Hell is the train?" They laughed.

But about half way between Little Big Horn andd Belle Fourche there is a little bitty town called Broadus, MT which is only about a third of a square mile in size and has about 450 people in town, including the suburbs (it's the County Seat). When you come into town on US 212, you pass the Post Office and then take a right on Park Ave to continue on 212. On that corner is a 24 hour restaurant called HooFERS. (Pink building. Very god food, actually. I've eaten there several times. Highly recommended.) Out in front of the restaurant is 3 or 4 picnic tables (also pink IIRC), and when we made that turn there were probably 15 kids eating at the tables and running around and playing. He let that train horn loose and it was like a scene from a cartoon. The kids jumped straight up in the air with their little legs running, and when they came down they shot in 15 different directions. One of the funniest things I've ever seen :D