Power Landing Gear

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hi Gotta Go

We will honor the $100 discount per unit for all members of expediter online as long as they support women in the trucking industry.
Just mention " Women in Trucking". This offer will be good until March 31,2011

Dave,
Don't take this wrong I do this all the time.

What you are saying is that you don't offer the discount to the EO members unless they support WiT, which I don't.

Why not just make the offer to EO members at large too?

Also how much is your unit?

Why don't you become an advertiser on EO? or are you?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Does anyone know who makes the air powered landing gear? I saw a truck back up and lower theres without getting out of the truck.
The guy said that when the air brake knob was pushed in the gear came back up.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone know who makes the air powered landing gear? I saw a truck back up and lower theres without getting out of the truck.
The guy said that when the air brake knob was pushed in the gear came back up.

I don't know about the brake valve idea, that's a good idea but the Patriot Lift is Pneumatic and for some reason patented - air motor on a dolly?

Didn't they have those in the 70's?

daverivers

Seasoned Expediter
Hi

Patriot lift is the world leader and Patent holder of air powered landing gear automation. The source of power is from the Emergency Brake system so you do not need any batteries or auxiliary power to operate.
The units are very reliable.
We have thousands operating in North America with virtually no maintenance issues.
The controls usually are mounted on the trailer by the landing gear, but can be mounted anywhere on the trailer. :)

See our website www.patriotlift.com

Best Wishes
Dave Rivers

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
why don't we need the exersize of lowering and raiseing the landing gear and also its a good time to check tires and lights while doing it

dieseldoctor1

Expert Expediter
I have a van so this doesn't apply to me but if i did have to crank a landing gear up and down I would get a 18 volt Dewalt driver/drill and make a special socket to fit landing gear input shaft. Remove hand crank and modify so I could slide it on in an emergency. I have a heavy duty farm dump trailer that used to dump with a hand cranked winch. Now I stick my drill on it and zip it up and down. Works beautiful and still can use drill for other stuff.

Dieseldoctor