Possible fuel savings, homemade HHO generator

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Know everyone is gritting their teeth everytime they pull into a fuel stop so I'm throwing this out for what it is worth. Don't know if it works or not, but if you make a kit to try out yourself you won't invest a lot at your local hardwre store. There seems to be a lot of info on the net about Hydrogen Fuel, HHO, a lot of it commercial and a lot of it posted by the everyday guy trying it out. There are reports of increased fuel mileage, each one varies. I will try and post a link, it it does not work, go to youtube.com and search for HHO, there tons of videos on guys experimenting and updating their home made HHO generators. For the big trucks, have no idea, but there are places on line that sell the HHO kit for diesel. Once again, maybe it works, maybe it does not, the user has to be the judge. If it does, it may safe you some hard earned money. Good luck out there.YouTube - HHO gas part one (alternative to fossil fuels)

blaaze

Seasoned Expediter
I am not sure about the build it your self models but I personally know this one works as it took my mpg from 16 mpg in my ford cargo van up to 26.8 mpg. this one actually sends a modulator to connect to your on board computer. they also have a new pre-ignition catalytic converter that should be ready next year that they claim will increase any gasoline engine to over 100 mpg.

Video can be found at HAFC Video

to get a free quote Kurt Annaheim

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Blaaze,
I think we went through this a few months ago. I don’t doubt you see a fuel increase but at what price?

Remember this is basic physics and we don’t get anything for free.

Also before I start my dribble, the company video says it is Detroit based but I can only find addresses for the company in the area, but did find them in Texas and Ohio.

First off the HHO stuff is based on what is commonly known as Brown’s gas, which has a long history to it. There are people claiming that they invented this but in fact they lie. The trade marking of HHO is something that should not be allowed but again the system is broke when they can trademark a name.

Second, if there is some way that it actually works, then companies like Cat, Cummins and Detroit Diesel would be jumping on this with both feet. I know one out of the group mentioned tested it and they came to this conclusion – it don’t really work. They spent a few millions on the test and tested a lot of different units in different configurations.

Third, I would like to see your system, got pictures? It would be interesting to see it, I have pict’s someplace of the Saturn that some company in Warren Michigan had a hydrogen generator installed where they claims 70 mpg but when they gave the public demo, there was something wrong with it.

Fourth, I have several plans, most are copies of the same thing, they all do the same thing and all of them use a catalyst to make the brown’s gas. Most have electronics to them, a few uses a microcontroller that actually improves the system, no biggy there.

Five, I find it interesting that the HAFC also has a lot of ancillary stuff in order to get the mileage they claim, with the claims that there is all this sludge and carbon in the engine and their stuff cleans the engine. Well the last time I looked, my last ford with 150,000 miles I pulled the head on the thing and there was no real carbon like my ’48 Chrysler had with 40,000 miles on it. Preheating gas is not really a good idea and so on……

blaaze

Seasoned Expediter
Greg, I paid $1040 +25 shipping for the kit and then paid one of their certified mechanic's 385.00 to install and tune it. total $1450.00

I believe the actual location is in NewFoundland, NJ with test centers in Detroit and also in NJ.
They also have a manufacturing facility it Canada.

Dutchmen Enterprises is the Name of the company. Yes I know all about those e-books & plans that are being sold on the internet. (garbage)

I don't know how it works or claim to know how it works or what technology they are using I just know my cost of fuel has dropped a little over 10 cents a mile.

Just like a phone I have no idea why I have a dial tone just know I do.

I don't know if pre heating gas is a good idea but I'm sure if you call one of these 2 numbers at the scheduled time you probably could get your objectives answered as well as to where the testing site near Detroit is.

The mechanic's telephone hotline for prospective trainees has generally been on Thursday's from 3-4 p.m. EST Call 712-432-1100. The PIN is 126599#. There is another call for Mechanics on Monday nights at 7-9 pm EST call 646-519-5860 pin 5860#.

Here is the most recent e-mail I received from the Distributor that I purchased from.

I have some pretty exciting news for you today. We are working out the EPA problem and hope to start the PICC for HAFC purchasers as early as October.

I am not at liberty to tell you what we have done to get past the federal requirements, but it is truly genius. If you notice, now how everyone is trying to do the same thing we are doing with using water for fuel. There have even been some news stories about our Fuel cell process on Fox news and other news channels. Using water gas is getting to be pretty widely accepted now. Some company advertises just a water gas maker alone that will get up to 60% savings at a cost of $1,299 each. Another guy is going to tell you how to use a glass jar to make water gas. It does make gas, but so little that it is hardly worth it.

No one has our performance warrantee or our scientific orange test evaluation system, AND no one else can upgrade their customers to a PICC! Of course no one even claims to get what we get with our patented process.

We got our patent approved recently, and we paid the $1,000 fee to get it issued and are just waiting now for the patent number. We have filed for worldwide protection on the HAFC. We are protected everywhere except Cuba, North Korea, and one of the Middle Eastern nations (perhaps Iran or Syria.) We also applied worldwide for the PICC patent, but that will probably not issue for a while since we just recently updated our application to include some things we have never discussed on the internet on our web site. We are hoping that right after the next media blitz on June and July (or possibly July/August) we can make a major announcement and finally be able to get to those who have bought the HAFC kits with an upgrade to PICC.

We got 30,000 requests for PICC from the first media ad buy and we expect to get about 50,000 more somewhere between August and October (it is usually better the second go around.) With what we had, we expect that we will be close to the 100,000 PICC quote mark by October. Imagine releasing the PICC into that size of a ready-made market. Please let me, once again, remind that if you are planning to get either an HAFC or a PICC, that now is the very best time to get an order in. The HAFC is an important part of the PICC as you will discover when we can frankly discuss the rest of the story.

I remain, your customer service representative in this incredible saga. If you have questions or just need to place an order, please get back to me at your earliest convenience, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks very much,

Last edited:

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Getting back to the HHO scenario, happened to pick up a news cast tonight concerning the kits, purchased or home made. The clip initially started out with the Department Head of the Automotive Div of Greenville Tech stating 'it's all a bunch of snake oil" seems like a typical response for one not really interested in trying it out. But...if you read the article and watch the video he seemed to have retracted his statement after the department tested one of their vehicles. I don't believe any advertisment that is going to double my mileage, but ...get me 15% to 30% more on a tank of gas for something I made for less than $60.00, don't think you can go wrong. There are too many people, every day individuals in various countries other than the U.S. that have built their own units, the majority admit progress, some are still trying to work it out. If you say it won't work, I respect your opinion. But of course that is the answer we are hearing pertaining to every dilema we are facing, every idea suggested, i.e., drilling off shore, in Anwar, and various other places, solar power, wind turbine energy or you name it, kinda like, "there going to try and land on the moon" they are out of their minds, it will never work. Hmm. So when someone says it won't work, then I only have to ask "why did it not work when you tried it" "how did you build you unit". There are some that say "why" and some say "why not"
having said all of this, and it will be awhile before I can get to it, I am going to build my own unit and will honestly report back on how it did or did not perform. By the way, check out some of the videos on welding with HHO, Browns Gas, Hydrogen or what ever anyone else calls it, bet the oil companies say it won't either. Looking Out 4 You: Water 4 Gas? - Money News Story - WYFF Greenville. Take care and drive safe.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
tr,
Been there done that. I have several note books full of stuff and know three companies here in the area who have been researching it or have researched it, one of them is mentioned in my other post. They spent a lot more testing these things than any company has spent in development.

As for the preconverter thing, I have a feeling I know that is based on the the Fish Carb.

Remember that this stuff has been around for almost 100 years so I would think by now someone would have come up with one that works.

gojack

Expert Expediter
Will not work, Can not work...

It defies the basic laws of physics.

It takes more energy (fuel) to make the gas than the
energy contained in the gas produced.

IT'S Snake Oil,

HHO (Hydrogen and Oxygen gas)
Is not new, Is not magical
and making your own does not make it so.

Yes you can make bubbles
Yes they are flammable

No you ARE NOT producing energy.

gojack

Expert Expediter
The list of magical fuel saving devices must be a mile long by now,
but every 6 months there is a new one that does not work either.

If they have all worked so well, why do they go away?

My Dad told me back in the 50's that if you put all the +10% guaranteed fuel savers
on you car you would have a fuel tank overflowing in no time.

Times have changed, Suckers have not.

S

sweethe

Have you ever heard of HHO fuel that has got to be the best way to save on gas prices.?Imagine the savings. It will cost you about $160, or two tanks of gas to install an HHO conversion kit

Hydrogen Car Kit - Save Money and Improve MPG Massively
Hydrogen car kit empowers your car to run on water and avoid oil as fuel. A vehicle however will not be able to run on water alone. There needs to be a mixture of gasoline and water to enable it to run smoothly.

Even the Water Fuel Conversion Kits - How Using Water As Fuel Helps Cut Your Gas Consumption Recently,there is increased awareness among many drivers of a technology that uses plain water tosupplement the cars' gasoline consumption. Called a water fuel conversion kit, it is a simpleadd-on to your current car engine that uses your car battery to carry out an electrolysis on water to produce Hydroxy gas (HHO). This Hydroxy gas is used to supplement the burning ofgasoline in the car's engine.

Hydrogen generator kit for car can be better than gasoline or oil additives to raise gas mileage. When you make or do it on your own, you can save money on gas but will save lots of dollars on the kit and reproduce the system for other automobiles on your own.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Know a couple of guys running HHO systems but the mnileage increase has not been great so the pay back will be awhile. Actual numbers in use in this business are less than 10%.

What about methane??? Britian is using it to make electricity instead of natural gas or oil. There are several farmers (chicken farmers) using the crap from their animals to produce methane and use it in their trucks, tractors and cars. Methane would sell for just over .15 per litre equivalent so would be priced not bad. Nice side effect of burning methane is ozone. Now we could repair the big hole in the sky as well. Just a thought.
No you do not get the same punch out of the methane you get out of gas or diesel it's similar to propane in that respect. So yes a little more used for same distance.
Rob

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You do know that natural gas is about 87% methane, right? When burned (in the presence of oxygen) it produces a little water and a lot of carbon dioxide. To the "human-induced global warming, ooops it's not warming anymore so let's call it climate change" crowd, methane is pure evil.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
What's wrong with a little warming???? The milder winters up here are quite welcome!! Ok so a bit of ice melts and the seas are a little higher. So some rich guys water front property is now an in the water house. Should have built further back on the property!!

S

Sonny06

Have you ever heard of HHO fuel that has got to be the best way to save on gas prices.?Imagine the savings. It will cost you about $160, or two tanks of gas to install an HHO conversion kit

Hydrogen Car Kit - Save Money and Improve MPG Massively
Hydrogen car kit empowers your car to run on water and avoid oil as fuel. A vehicle however will not be able to run on water alone. There needs to be a mixture of gasoline and water to enable it to run smoothly.

Even the Water Fuel Conversion Kits - How Using Water As Fuel Helps Cut Your Gas Consumption Recently,there is increased awareness among many drivers of a technology that uses plain water tosupplement the cars' gasoline consumption. Called a water fuel conversion kit, it is a simpleadd-on to your current car engine that uses your car battery to carry out an electrolysis on water to produce Hydroxy gas (HHO). This Hydroxy gas is used to supplement the burning ofgasoline in the car's engine.

Hydrogen generator kit for car can be better than gasoline or oil additives to raise gas mileage. When you make or do it on your own, you can save money on gas but will save lots of dollars on the kit and reproduce the system for other automobiles on your own.

Wow! Thank you everyone for the useful information.

With modern fuel injection technology, car manufacturers have been able to control the entry of just the right amount of fuel into the combustion engine to improve a car’s fuel economy. With further tweaking and adding the PICC system, less fuel is needed to output the same amount of power from the engine, because the fuel is already primed to be burned more efficiently.

In one scientific test, a gas guzzling 318 V-8 Chrysler engine was run on a brand new state of the art dynamometer (the same testing equipment that Detroit uses) at 3,000rpms under a 50% load for an hour. Before the PICC modification, the engine used 18 pounds of fuel, which when converted approximates 22 mpg. Then researchers ran the same test with an engine with PICC modification and ran the engine under the exact same conditions for another hour. After the test, it was found the engine used only 2 pounds of fuel, a 9-fold increase in efficiency totaling a staggering 200 m per gallon, an amazing mileage from anyone’s standard.

Although still in the development and testing stages, it is showing a lot of promise. It means more savings, more money for other expenses, reduction in greenhouse gases, and most importantly for America, less dependence on foreign oil.