Possible Dumb Question - Overweight Van?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dude, I have a whole department that I have to deal with - one group just for logs, one for Maintenance reports, one for truck compliance issues, one for Hazmat, one for DOT physicals, and so on. It is fun to say the least but they know not to log in Alabama.

Some of the safety people I had to deal with in the past were, let's say knew less than my cat did about some of the issues we deal with daily.

jw-bama

Seasoned Expediter
Yep your right, but they have weigh in motion scales all over the place, which a officer sits in a shack and watches, then pulls over the offending truck at the closest safe spot, and ther is a set of these on 65 near Huntsville. as for me The safety Guy says log then I log,

the only in motion scales still in operation are the ones at the 100 by the petro and there closed 90% of the time. those on 65 have been shut for a long time. if the safety man says log in alabama i guess you better log.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
the only in motion scales still in operation are the ones at the 100 by the petro and there closed 90% of the time. those on 65 have been shut for a long time. if the safety man says log in alabama i guess you better log.

That could be I was going with the info from the web site and what I was told, also its was 2007 I think when this driver was shut down. I myself haven't been to Alabama since then.

jw-bama

Seasoned Expediter
it must have been a young trooper that didnt know what he was doing. more that likely he was calling his sargent to find out what expediting was a lot of the dot guy just dont know.mostly the under 10/m lbs rule