Please let them build this engine

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Impressive fuel, torque and horsepower numbers for a 2.7 liter engine.
It's a 2 stroke engine, meaning it fires each cylinder every rotation of the crank, not every other rotation as a 4 stroke engine. Haven't watched the whole video, but the torque and power should be close to a 4 stroke of double the capacity of this one. The fuel economy is what blows me away, if it is true.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In other news, some university researchers have figured out how to tame emissions without exhaust after treatment; lost the link, I may post it here, that was pretty significant

Ok, new link that's more up to date

Diesel with no NOx emissions? It may be possible, and coming soon

Edit: that's not it, its just 98% efficent urea. Can't seem to find the info, something about zeolite and copper catalytic converter...maybe they've disappeared like the 200 mpg carburetor...

This is close, but not clear in this article that it is a replacement to adblue

Breakthrough could lead to reduced nitrogen oxides in diesel exhaust | Biofuels International Magazine

Just give me a damn truck that doesn't limp mode and turn itself off

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When they build it , are you gonna part with the $$$$ ?
By the time that Ford gets to one payment value, you’ll probably be embarrassed to tell anyone you even were an expediter.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, if it makes financial sense I'm ready to drop cash. I'm really frustrated to be driving a 13 year old van, just because its better.

Long range electric or double the fuel mileage, both would qualify, it just has to pay for itself in fuel bill savings ...

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Double the mileage ?
If I move 3 skids for .18 a mile fuel, and the dude parked next to me just moved 6 skids for .18 a mile for fuel, hasn’t he achieved the same result ?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the van world, 3 lbs or 3 skids pays the same

I move a lot of 3 lb boxes, but my mpg only goes from 20 to 22

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn’t say small van Load or large van Load.

I said a van load vs 2 van loads. Or a double sized Load.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I get what you're saying (I think) regardless of how many loads I double or triple up on, fuel is my biggest expense. By your logic, the new motor would be 80 mpg for 6 skids :D

(Sometimes, nearly $1500 for 360 miles and I still grimace at the fuel pump)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's interesting. I wonder if it will be the next Tucker or 100mpg carburetor.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's key. My FSC paid my fuel completely when I was driving on natural gas. People can't switch overnight, they have to pay off existing equipment