Please help

Lifesbeachy

New Recruit
Researching
Point blank........

I am just curious, is fleet ownership really worth it from a financial standpoint?

Another blunt question, what can a fleet owner expect to earn on a per truck basis point black?

My goal is around 15 trucks overall.

My business experience is experience is extensive as I used to be a high level manager within the aviation industry.

Where I am fuzzy now is figuring out what the fleet owner benefit is per month/per year after expenses?

I really hope that someone will be blunt with me and give me a rough estimate instead of keeping things just a complete hidden secret as if it were guarded by AREA 51.

Thanks guys!

Rusty Lugnutz

New Recruit
Researching
Book smarts will only get ya so far at some point you have to get down & roll in the muck: JM2C you wont get acurate data unless you have actual figures. To get those numbers you need to get some seat time as a driver to learn the up & downs with the ins & outs. Then as an O/O to see how big of a fleet the market will support based off of your profit/loss sttement for at least one year three is better since most new businesses fail with in 36 months in trucking it's 1 yr. This is coming form someone (me) who has 25 yrs of experience; 5 as a driver and 20 as an O/O doing Heavy Haul & OD.
I'm about to launch a new carrer in Expediting and I'm putting togtether my business plan. Part of that is to drive for someone for 6-12 months before getting my own truck if the market will allow me to run at a profit.

Last edited: