Pilot is Towing Trucks

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Have to ask the driver he still has the bill. Thye wouldn't let me pay it with a credit card. Made me think that they was crooks.

Hey nighttrain when are you going to hit the road again? I hope all is well for you and the wife and kids. I should have your 1099 ready for you in a week. Get you butt better so you can go back to driving.
You are welcome back anytime you want your driving job back.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
You have your facts in order, but something just does not add up. Never have had a problem here but I did see a truck get towed there last year and the only place I have ever seen one towed. The truck deserved it though, he parked on top of the fuel outlets for the tanker. The ones with the YELLOW LINES AND PRINT NO PARKING!!

Top end of Toledo off 75 accross from the little Marathon Station?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I agree with you on that, any truck that parks where the tanks pump fuel needs to be towed and fined. That is not a good thing.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>Still another reason to use rest areas when ever possible.
>Sure, Pilot, Flying J, etc will generally welcome us
>straight truckers, but we still get weird looks from other
>t/t drivers.
>
>Rest Areas are quite, generally clean, the only thing
>missing is the traffic and the showers. So twice a week I
>will use a truck stop for the showers and then I leave.
If you read the rules posted in many rest areas overnight parking is prohibited , some limit stays to 3 or 4 hours . I have rarely heard of these rules being enforced though .

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>Living near a Pilot, and frequenting them often when on the
>road... I will say I can understand a Pilot towing somebody
>off of the area where the tanker for Pilot unloads fuel.
>
>Think about it, it's got many facets of illegal written all
>over it - not to mention the security and safety risks
>involved.
>
>I've dropped trailers at Pilots before, both for hometime
>and to do drop and hooks. I think that depends on the fuel
>desk and managing personell inside the truckstops. However,
>if you ask and/or inquire about parking - most truckstops
>(Pilot included) will tell you that it's at your own risk. I
>was taught If you're going to drop a trailer, put a kingpin
>lock on it - no matter what. While it's only a deterrent, it
>can help to discourage it's movement.
>
>I think there should be a 15 to 20 minute window for parking
>at the fuel island... if you're not back out tending to your
>rig within 20 minutes - move that sucker. There's no reason
>to have a rig "unattended" at a fuel island for "more than"
>20 minutes.
>That's my 2 cents.
>BigBob
Even 10 minutes is too long to park at a fuel island . At Pilot they have printers where you can print your own fuel ticket - doesn't take 5 minutes . If you want to use the rest room or get something to eat park and do that before fueling . As for the kingpin locks , there are 2 or 3 keys that will fit them all . I'm sure tow companies would have no problem removing them .

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That is The whole Store. If you don't beleive me or my drivers Oh well, just put into that Pilot and find out for yourself. When you get towed, rememebr I told you so.

jwgmover

Expert Expediter
"I think there should be a 15 to 20 minute window for parking at the fuel island... if you're not back out tending to your rig within 20 minutes - move that sucker. There's no reason to have a rig "unattended" at a fuel island for "more than" 20 minutes."

Is that 20 mins after your done fueling??? They teach you that at the Swifty Driving school? No one should park longer then it takes to take a leak, get a coffee, and grab your fuel ticket. If you need more time, park that sucker in a real parking spot.

My 2 pennies worth. Which has nothing to do with original post.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I believe I wrote "Parked at the fuel island" Period.
Time yourself the next time you go do all that...

Fuel up about 200 gallons. Then take your "leak". While you're at it, grab a coffee. Before you walk out that door,
Don't forget to pay for fuel.

Maybe, just maybe, there will be 6 "Swifty's" standing in line in front of you. Time should go much quicker if that's the case, right?.

Or maybe there will be only you in line.
Since your so perfect and quick, I'm sure you won't delay anybody.

Have a nice day.

wahoofan

Expert Expediter
2 sides to every story!! Did they fuel up and then just park the truck in front of the fuel aisle? or worse yet fuel up at the pump and then just leave the truck and go inside the truckstop and eat, shower, etc. and not move the truck and park it in the appropriate parking space. Chances are your drivers cant follow simple directions or instruction. I was at the J in Dallas one friday night and it was unreal how many drivers were asked by the J's security personnel to move their truck from the fuel island, and other areas that are posted no trucks. Yes, they had the trucks towed away when they weren't able to locate the driver. More and more drivers have trouble following directions (reading i guess is a challenge to many). They are rude, inconsiderate and down right uneducated!:(