PICTURE CONTEST!!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is your basic photo contest, "suggested by Weave". We are posting a picture of this junk heap located somewhere along one of our highways and byways in the good old US of A. and you have to guess where it rests. Sounds easy enough, eh? Here is truck #1:

[font color="blue" size="2"]I am a White Freightliner cabover made in the late 1960's or early 1970's. I am located somewhere on the East Coast and was last on the highway in 1986, when my registration expired. Although I look small, I was a heavy-duty towing and recovery vehicle, powered by a big Detroit 8V92 engine running through a Spicer tranny to a single drive axle. What establishment am I located at (In this case there are two names that will work, either or is fine), and what city and state am I in?[/font] http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/3fa080631405d307.jpg
[font color="red" size="2.5"]You must meet all the requirements to win[/font] #1) establishment, #2) city, #3) state, #4) Be a member of EO as of today 11/6/03 at 1730. First correct guess gets the prizes, which is a brand-new "D-cell” durable aluminum Maglite flashlight. http://www.maglite.com/product.asp?psc=2DCELL

[font color="green" size="2"]Lets add some[/font] [font color="purple" size="3"]“Pizzazz to it”!!![/font] [font color="blue" size="2"]You just won the Maglite!!! You are a gambling man or woman!!! You can win, Prize #2 “Turbo3000D-VADA”. http://www.turbo3000d.com/. Or Prize #3 “Profit Per Mile and Fuel Manager Owner Operator”. http://www.2omni.com/orderform.htm.[/font]

[font color="red" size="3"]HOW!!! [/font]It’s real easy!!! Just tell us you are a Gambling man or woman and you are willing to take your chances at prize #2 or Prize #3. In order to win Prize #2 you have to win 2 of the next 3 picture contests, ending in January. In order to win Prize #3 you have to win 3 of the next 5 picture contests, ending in March. [font color="red" size="2.5"]If you take that gamble you give up the Maglite.[/font] Sounds easy enough, eh? [font color="darkred" size="3"]Here is the first clue - The China Syndrome!!![/font]
Difficulty level of this one is a 5 of 10. If we get no correct guesses quickly, we will post more clues. [font color="skyblue" size="4"]HAVE FUN!!!![/font]

If you are not a member of EO, join now and participate in the next picture contest. Good Luck!!!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I can't believe nobody has guessed this yet- I'm beginning to wonder how many of you actually DRIVE your trucks:7
The prize, a red 2 "D" cell Maglite flashlight, is a very nice industrial strength flashlight that will last and is guaranteed a lifetime. So get to finding this truck! If you think our prizes suck... lemmie tell you what the others have.. nothing or Heater Meals- YUCK!
-Weave-

Bigtyme

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I get dibs on the drive tires, they still hold air... Anyhow, is this hotrod visible from a highway or major road? Andy

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
No, but it is very visible to a place trucks have and would have access to.
-Weave-

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Is this contest that hard? [font color="red" size="3"]Please provide feedback?[/font] Do ynz! (Pgh slang for you all) want another clue? No one has even taken a stab at the answer!!! Come on guys and gals. EO is earnestly anticipating giving away some prizes.

Aviator

Expert Expediter
Never been there but my guess would be Middletown or Harrisburg PA. Not a guess though. I have no clue of a business.

Aviator

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>China Syndrome!!![/b][/i][/font]
Major guess: Olmsted Field-Harrisburg Airport, Three Mile Island/Middletown/Harrisburg, Pa?

-mcbride}>

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Just a guess looking for the answer in the question.
I will say East coast truck & trailer sales in Portsmouth Virginia.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lets just say that Aviator and McBride or getting warm!!! A little to warm! Here is another clue= [font color="red" size="3"]"Harley Davison"[/font] Don’t forget!!! we are looking for the name of the place where it is located or the highway and the exit it is off of. The Town or city, and the State it is in. “GOOD LUCK”

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You guys are very warm... But we have to know the exact town and exact location. I thought this would be REAL easy!! Next time we'll do a poetry contest:7
-Weave-

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Next time we'll do a poetry contest:7

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Weave don't make me,
stick my :p out at you...

-mcbride

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
All you have to do is win, then you can stick whatever you want to at me, plus whap me over the head with your new flashlight! How many dispatchers are getting calls for loads to central PA now and wondering why?? We are heading for the cheap light! :D
-Weave-
This place might become the "Sturgis" of expedited trucking..

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here we are 15 days into this contest and only 3 or 4 members have taken a stab at guessing where this picture was taken. All of us that have worked on putting this contest together are scratching our heads, and wondering why members aren't participating. We realized after the fact, that this contest was only going to apply to the members that are out there on the road, and the newbie or want-a-be expediters wouldn't have much of a chance at winning unless this truck was in their back yard. For that we do apologize to you newbie and want-a-be expediters. We are now brainstorming something that will apply to all EO members. We want this or a contest similar to this to be fair to all our members. All suggestions are welcome!

I got a chuckle out of Weave’s statement “I can't believe nobody has guessed this yet- I'm beginning to wonder how many of you actually DRIVE your trucks ” That started me to thinking, Do drivers go to this place? On Friday I traded places with my east run driver. After I was done doing my deliveries, I want to the exact location where Weave took the picture of the truck in the contest. Most of the day I thought I wouldn’t see anyone out there because it was Friday and getting late in the day. Was I ever wrong!!! When I pulled into the location, I saw 3 “D” units 2 working for the same company and 1 for another. There was 1 “B” unit, there too. I talked to 1 of the drivers for a brief moment and in fact commented on the old heap and pointed to it. One of the other trucks had an EO bumper sticker on the back lower corner of the back doors. The guy I was talking to didn’t know what EO was, (broken heart). I gave him the low down, ask him to pass it along and left. The others were all sleeping. Before leaving I ask the assistant manager, of the place if he had Expediter type trucks (pointing to the trucks) in his place often. His reply to me was “those kind of trucks over there (pointing to the D units) park in here all the time.”

Would anyone (members) like to comment? We need all the help and feed back we can get from all the members. Is the contest, or type of contest not good?

Do you as a driver observe things around you? Maybe the picture of the old heap doesn’t strike your fancy? Maybe a picture of a Wal-Mart store front may get more hits? Ha Ha!!! Is it that the picture of the heap wasn’t in the Buckeye or the Wolverine?

Does anyone care to give his or her opinion, or answer the questions? We Mod’s here on the forums are always looking to improve and make this a better place for all the members. Care to help out?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Another clue= The main highway where one would exit to enter this place, runs north and south. ET!!!

catfish

Expert Expediter
this is just a shot in the dark, but i think i remember an old freightliner like that parked in the corner of henry's truck stop in etters, pa.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Teacel,

Well, I must need to get my vision tested because we just drove from Wi to Pa, more specific, to York, Pa, the Harley Davidson Plant. We even went as far as going down rt 81 and checking out by those truck stops etc...now we got off I83 at exit 21, rt 30 and went east and west...went down Eden Street to Harley Davidon...now we are currently driving all around this area and we have not seen this truck. Now it is getting too dark to look. My spouse is ready to ask people in the area if they have any idea where this truck is just to shut me up. :7 We will be heading out later tonight, so I quess we missed our chance at seeing this truck. AND we really need a new mag flash light.x(

-mcbride

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hey Mac, Be careful out there, you might get arrested for spotting deer, don't think your truck story will fly!!

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
> you might get arrested for
>spotting deer,

LOL, I know DD, I know...but it is the risk we shall take! Hell hath no fury like a trucker with a chance to win a maglite! We went to the truck stops too but I must be blind 'cause I thought it had to be at one of 'em...

-mcbride