an e unit for an o/o. we were wondering does FedEx enforce
their pet policy in the w/g div. have a small baby we cant
Leave at home.
thx a bunch

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
The presence of animals in a surface expedite truck is often among the reasons that drivers are not invited to have their truck designated as a WG truck.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Depends on how badly they need you. Usually Nuclear Power plants and Military Installations ban animals in the truck. You might also want to check with your insurance carrier. At one time Protective stated that they would not pay vehicle damage claims if a pet was in the truck as they felt you could be too easily distracted.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Yes. FedEx enforces the no pets in White Glove trucks policy. If you cannot leave your pet behind, FedEx Custom Critical Surface Expedite or Panther Elite Services may be your better choice.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There are two ways of looking at this problem.

One is, White Glove bans animals and if you are going to disregard this and carry an animal who else and what else will you lie about? It is a simple case of honor when you say you do not have an animal in your truck don't have one.

As far as the insurance goes in the surface world we have no problems having Molly our Cocker Spaniel with us. Molly is well know at FedEx Custom Critical head quarters. Times are changing though and with a dog you can now get your DoD clearances. So far we have only been to one nuclear power plant that did not want animals or passengers in the truck when you went on site. Only the driver of the truck permitted inside. We have been to several bases and have also had no problem with Molly and in many instances I believe she has helped us a ambassador of good will!

So our thoughts are if you are in White Glove and you have an animal shame on you. Don't forget also that if caught with an animal it is grounds to have you lease terminated.