Personal WANT ad

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Hi, I have Class A CDL and am looking for someone to buy me a new truck. I want a KW or a Pete with a 102 inch sleeper with shower and potty, large screen TV with DVD, microwave, Refrid, generator and a very nice stereo system. I want a super 10 speed transmission and I really dont want to drive it except when I feel like it. I am also wanting my taxes paid for me and I do expect a check each week of $2000. If you will do all that for me, I will promise to do a good job.

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy
3 years without full use of my mind

Finn777

Expert Expediter
I am willing to offer $1995 thats final and you must also take the ball and chain (wife) as part of the deal apart from a severe flatulance problem she is a hell of a cook.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm willing to go as far as getting you a used schwinn and a radio flyer full of newspapers. After a month on the job, I'll throw in a transister radio and a daily slurpee. ;)

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Guys you are all great. I will take all the offers. I too would like some hair back.

I just could not resist putting some stupid ad on here in hopes that someone would come through. I have had the week from hell. It seems as though I now have those every third week. I am now loaded for Easter. I have to head to Durham NC in the morning and I ran Reach Magizines today. What a mistake accepting that deal.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. Save me a Peanut Butter Egg

Raceman
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy

miko

Expert Expediter
Raceman, you had the week from hell???
You must be mistaken, because I had it! urgh...
Got a load to Deposit/NY, the a** of the world,
made it there in a good time frame, got there in the middle of the night, no guardman, building unlocked,offixes wide open, you name it.
I take a nap, watch the shift change and talk to a guy then up front who tells me that I should have used the buzzer at night...Haeh???
The grounds there were so muddy, I didn't bring my rubber boots tho, smeered the truck full and so forth...
In the middle of my sleep time dispatch calls and "double checks" if I am still in the same town...Where would I be going when fuel costs $2.25/gal??? Man, and of course no load back, I wish I could switch with you pal, I bet if I wanted to stay home in the first place, the phone would be ringing off the hook by now...
Needless to say that I don't particular like NY, people are bricks, not sure why, and waitresses are rude you won't believe it, not to mention that NY is expensive. And the crowning end for this week is that I have to replace the drive shaft on my van first thing in the morning, I better not write the price in this post...}>

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Miko, sorry to hear of your week. Since we are sharing I will go ahead and actually list mine. It will most likely help me feel better. It all statred Monday. Dispatched to Lexington KY. going to Grove City, Ohio. Needed to be picked up at 4:00 told of load at 3:00 and I was in Cincinnati. Got it no big deal. Tuesday same run but add an extra pick up. Here we go. Get the first stuff picked up no big deal head for second pick up. Address doe snot exist. One and half hours later I get to pick up. Only one middle aged woman there. She stayed late for some reason. I have room for two more skids,there is four. They have no way to stack them. Talk to consignee and am told just dump it all on there. This is un marked mailers. They promise they will explain it to my drop location in advance. I get to drop three hours late and when I open the doors they almost hung me. Called many things because they knew nothing of why I was late or what I had to do to get the load on.

Next day I run a custom bar railing to a diner were a crew as flown in to meet me at 10:00 to do this custom bar work. I open the doors and have everything wrapped in blankets because it if a wonderful cherry wood. These guys go off on me like I have never heard. The place that loaded me did not give me all needed to build this high dollar bar.

Next day at terminal I am in truck folding blankets to drop them off and with two very hot woman standing there having a smoke, I am folding and unloading blankets I move a full size load bar up on third level of Etrack to get it out of my way and first time I bend over it falls right on top of my head and it is still hurting and I am betting the woman are still laughing.

Do a quick mail run for Cinergy from there top POST Office. One mile. 6 fully packed carts of gas and electric bills. They are about 6 feet tall on wheels. I go over curb into street for my 1 mile and I hear big bang followed by some other noise which was the cart going over. That same damn load bar fell again letting the cart go. I am guessing 500 to 1000 envelopes everywhere. Get that done go to Delta International to pick for GE going to Durham NC. I forgot my damn wallet with CDL in it. Guess what you need at an international terminal to pick up.

Finally get that worked out head to terminal and I am going to sit for a day then head out. Wrong!

I am asked if I want a few quick Reach magizine runs. Pick up full truck go to post offices go home. Wrong!

Take my GE freight off sit it at terminal arrive this morning at 8:00 am told not will load at 9:00. Get loaded at 11:00 one place only has a street name no address. Never heard of street and not on map. Finally find it at 2:00 unload head for terminal. Get to terminal go to put my NC freight back on truck. Wrong! Other trucks have unloaded on dock and packed my freight in and no where to move everything and no way to get it off dock. Yes finally someone in another truck shows up to load and I do get to my freight and get it back on truck.

Well I am now ready to relax until sometime Sunday then head out to NC. Wrong! My driver calls and informs me he is quitting.

Now weaved in with this garbage there is a week long family problem and I will not go into it but it was even worse than all listed above.

I hope an Easter Sunday drive to NC will ease my mind.

Sometimes it just does not pay to get out of bed for the week.

Raceman
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy

miko

Expert Expediter
Raceman,
I just see myself in your post!
I did not want to go into detail the way you did, but I hear you.
If it wasn't for the money, I would stay in bed sometimes.
But it's good that others have the same problems, sometimes I think it's just ME! LOL

I am going to relax Easter sunday and then get the van in the shop, in hopes it will be done by tuesday. By the way, you are looking for a straight truck driver or a van?

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Straight truck driver. Just not sure I am going to hire anyone.

Raceman
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Raceman, if it makes you feel any better, I ran with 35 Air Force Cadets, a Colonial, and a Sargent with NO AC from Savannah to Orlando...
just south of Savannah on 95 the AC took a dump on me - called and stopped at 3 to 4 places within 1 hour and had no luck... so I was told to keep driving... to Orlando! With No AC!!!
I spent 3.5 hours that nite at a repair shop. Got AC, next day the girls said they were cold, I said I ain't touchin' a thing, put your jackets on. The Sargent told me not to touch it as well.
I didn't... it was better than rollin' in a bus that was 91 degrees.

The things we do for money. Smile for me!... I got NYC to do now.
But I'm in the 40 footer this time, not the 45 footer thank goodness.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Man a bus with no AC in that area. I would loose it. As for NYC you get my pat on the back and a smirk since it is you and not me. Keep on rolling one day we can sit in a chair somewhere telling stories.

Raceman
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy

Trucker don

Expert Expediter
Deposit,NY...
When I first started driving big truck. (Orange Pumpkin) I had to make delivery to Deposit,Ny. I think the worst for me was Roselle,NJ. Now that's a dump.

This past couple of weeks was the pits. I had a dispatch out of Menasa,Wi to St Felicine.PQ. I was to deliver Easter Monday at 10 am. I had a confirm delivery time. It would have been nice for customer to us know that they were closed.
Hwy 55, which chances to Hwy 155. Is a Bush raod that paved in spots. 4 hours north of Trois Rivier, Quebec. To spend 24 hours in a French Community when no one hardly speaks english. To compound the problem. My Wife was not feeling well.

Replaced an Fan Air Vavle solinode. My truck sucked the fuel becuase fan kept running ruining fuel mileage. Then Yesterday, I blew a hole in exhaust pipe. Freightliner said, It'll be done by sun up. So here I'm sitting in a Motel in Whicita. Waiting for truck to get done and follow that yellow brick road to Regina, Sakatchewan.

Keep on Expediting. Don't forget to call your Senator for that Fuel Surcharge bill.

||','''|''''''\__ ,___
| Trucker_Don | | | ||__|'__|___| |()))))))))))))))))
['''(@)'(@)"""''|(@)(@)

Catch me on the Road--or
-- on the Net
[email protected]