PATHER II

wgbingo445

Expert Expediter
Hello

Anyone that works for Panther II.. Do they pay weekly or bi weekly?? Ever had any problums getting money??? I am going to be teaming....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Never had a problem with pay and they pay weekly.
Hope that helps.

Davekc

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
it doesnt say what you will be driving...i drive a sprinter and if i dont gross at least 1700.00 a week i consider it a pooooor week, so far i have had one poooooor week and a few exceptional weeks grossing around the 3000.00 mark...been at it only 4 months though

wgbingo445

Expert Expediter
You must own your own. I called them this morning and they said I would get 1,800 Miles a week and 0.40 a mile witch would be 900.00 a month take home..... I cant live off of that... I am going to drive SEMI....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>You must own your own. I called them this morning and they
>said I would get 1,800 Miles a week and 0.40 a mile witch
>would be 900.00 a month take home.....

You need to sit down with a calculator. 1800 * .40 is $720 so IF they told you 1800 miles at 40 cents per mile that would be $720 a week not $900 a month. You also need to call back and talk to someone else because Panther recruiting doesn't work that way so I question who told you that. You may have caught a cleaning person playing on the phones or something.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

chaz

Expert Expediter
Please correct me if I am wrong. He said he would be teaming so wouldnt he only get 1/2 of that $720.00. I know nothing about teams but 1800 miles a week for a team doesnt sound good to me.

Chaz

wgbingo445

Expert Expediter
Hello

It would be Straight Truck... I am going to call and get it all cleaned up on whats up... So I will update you on it... This Account would be a Class 8 Straight Truck. and I would be hauling out of Detroit..... Would it be better to drive SEMI?? I have class ABCD I need a heads up I am a newbiee to all this... My ears are all open...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I picked up my current load in Laredo there was a team picking up from the same shipper to deliver in Chesapeake, VA. That alone is a 1700 mile run from Monday noon to Wed. delivery. A solo D unit should do 1600-1800 a week while a team should do at least 2500 a week.

Several parts of this make me suspect the conversations are with a Panther owner not a Panther recruiter. The part about being told there will be microwave/tv etc. in the truck is one. Most trucks have that but a few are pretty sparse. I don't think a recruiter would bring them up just in case an interested driver was matched to an owner with a sparse truck. Another is being told 40 cpm. Recruiters only talk about the pay per loaded mile to the truck not a pay per mile to the driver. To be told 40 cpm again sounds like it's coming from a specific truck owner.

I can only comment based on what the information given suggests but that's my take based on my personal experiences combined with the supplied information. YMMV.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

geo956

Expert Expediter
Leo,
Is 1600-1800 miles per week your "real world" average for solo? I have been given 2200-2500 miles per week (average for a solo) by Conway Now and I suspect that is simply recruiting spin....in other words maybe some solos do those miles on occasion but they do not represent real life averages. Perhaps Conawy Now solos can respond back on those claims.

All comments back are appreciated!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those are numbers I believe can be counted on in all but the worst of circumstances. In the last week I've done 2600 miles so some weeks are much better. I've also had weeks that were only maybe 1200 but that's rare. Averaging 1600-1800 shouldn't be outside the likely range though so I'd advise calculating based on 1600 miles a week. If that shows an acceptable net then lots of weeks will produce some extra money that can be squirreled away to cover a bad week.

I think the 2200-2500 figure is the recruiter saying you "can" do miles not you almost always will do miles. I've talked to a couple of drivers who are "creative" with their logs and do lots of miles. More realistically I'd look for the 1600-1800 average computed over a year of running.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

geo956

Expert Expediter
Thanks Leo...its good to plan for conservative numbers as its more fun to be surprised on the upside than the opposite.

Also, are the average miles you posted loaded or do they include dead-head. I plan to include 15%-18% deadhead (without factoring in personal d/h miles).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those are loaded miles. My deadhead runs about 17% not counting personal miles.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

wgbingo445

Expert Expediter
I just got someone to Team with me... So they told me .46 CPM I am not sure on the team miles now because that changes.... The guy I am teaming did this already... I am gonna give it a try and see how it goes..... If I like it I might go O/O I will be driving Class 8 Straight Truck... Panther II Found me someone to go with... I just wanna make more then 600.00 a month like I am now.... I understand I may get less miles one week then the other weeks... I kinda can see it is Hurry and wait... Another question my Recuiter gave me the guys phone number and I called him and he said his Trucks have a Frig/Microwave/TV is this good or bad??? Please let me know...
wg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The more "comforts of home" you have available the less it's going to be unpleasant being out on the road so I think it's a good thing to have those items.

As far as the 46cpm more information is needed to know if that's good or not. Are you going to be paid 46cpm for half of the miles the truck runs or for the miles you actually drive? Who determines the miles if it's that way? Are you expected to pay anything out of that? When/how are you paid? There are other questions I'm sure and some of the other guys will ask them I bet but those are what come to mind on a moment's notice.

Good luck.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

wgbingo445

Expert Expediter
I will ask them questions tomorrow and see whats up.. I know fuel is paid for. Bad thing is my Recruiter said he was going to call me back to confirm he got the hotel reserved and never called today.. I asked for the guys phone number and and he said he lost his card he would call me back with that when he called the hotel nothing back.... I take it that is a bad thing?? I am gonna call him in the morning and see whats up......