Passing on the right

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why do these idiot cars insist on passing me on the right after a left turn!!!!

I made the left turn, i guess the guy behind me wanted my spot on the road so he blew around me on the right in a hurry. What a jerk!

:mad:

Ok, fine, I vented. now I feel better.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why do these idiot cars insist on passing me on the right after a left turn!!!!

I made the left turn, i guess the guy behind me wanted my spot on the road so he blew around me on the right in a hurry. What a jerk!

:mad:

Ok, fine, I vented. now I feel better.

We are happy you feel better.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Need more info. after you made your left were you in the left lane, because if you were what's the problem they have a right to the right lane if your in the left lane. Now are you saying they used the shoulder of the road then you would be okay *****ing about them...

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I think turning to inside lane while turning left only applies to select few that apply the laws to practice them. Everyone else rules dont apply

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Need more info. after you made your left were you in the left lane, because if you were what's the problem they have a right to the right lane if your in the left lane. Now are you saying they used the shoulder of the road then you would be okay *****ing about them...
I turned left from a left turn lane into the left lane as per proper procedures. The gentleman behind me was in a hurry and turned left into the right lane (disobeying proper procedures) in order to blow by me. Now, to make matters worse, the weather was foggy and misty. He doesn't know if I even see him. If I had not seen him and decided to get into the right lane, I would have hit him.

My point to all this, when did it become ok for motorists to pass a truck on the right? What idiots!

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When making a left turn you can go to any of the lanes, at least that's true in Ca and even in Texas..Now if there are two left turn lanes than the inside turn lane only can use the inside lane and the outside turn lane can use the outside lane or lanes.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just because you are a truck doesn't mean that the person on your right can't pass you as long as their in their lane.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When making a left turn you can go to any of the lanes, at least that's true in Ca and even in Texas...
Well that explains a lot. :p

With that said, when turning left in a left turn, one is to make the turn into the left lane, then move over as conditions allow.

Image45.gif

This idiot behind me turned immediately into the right lane and into my blind spot. Wrong move.

Last edited:

GandJ

Active Expediter
Sorry should have been clearer. As shown in my picture some states teach and as beachbum stated....it is OK to use either lane when turning left.
Once a lane is chosen you must stay there. If you wish to change your lane you have to look, use your signal and change lane when clear.

I'm sure an excellent driver as yourself ragman....you would not have hit him as you would first look, signal look again and then change lanes when clear.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is Michigan's turning procedures.

Turns_NV.jpg

My gripe is with those that insist on turning into the right lane as I am still making my left turn.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh I thought this was about I-94 and people coming in on the ramp... Instead of yielding they pass you on the shoulder

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh I thought this was about I-94 and people coming in on the ramp... Instead of yielding they pass you on the shoulder

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app
I'm saving that one for another rant.
rant01.gif

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Thinking if thats ok in ca and tx that explains alot I remember my dad used to say "darn California drivers" lol