Panthers II

ms3389

Expert Expediter
I am looking for information regarding Panthers II or Try hours. I was told these 2 company's may hire on newbies with pickup trucks or have van availble as company driver or lease.

If any one could tell me if this is correct for eather company I would apreciate it. I have sent in the online apps with both and have had no response.

Thank you

Mike

chaz

Expert Expediter
Christine,
Is that 2 years of driving a straight truck experience for your lease purchase? Also, is your company hiring on cargo vans? I just did graduate from my trucking school ( clap clap ) and got my cdl A with hazmat,doubles etc. etc. I was interested in driving a straight truck, but being with no experience, I was thinking of starting with a cargo van. I already have 1 of those set up for cargo already.Can you make some decent money with a cargo van? I live in the Pittsburgh,PA area if that matters. Thank you for your time,
Chaz

TryHoursRcrtr

Expert Expediter
Try Hours does not ues pick up trucks. I know it was showing on our web site, and that is being re-done. We do not have company van's to lease. Our lease program is for D units. We require that the driver have at least 2 years of driving for insurance purposes. Feel free to call me if you have more questions.
Christine

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
since you have your cdl A, why aren't you using it? There's good money in E-loads... companies are starting to get overloaded with vans

chaz

Expert Expediter
Hi,
I went to school for my cdl because the state paid for it since I lost my job and my plant is closing down. I really dont want to drive tractor trailer unless I have to. I'd prefer to drive a straight truck, but I figured that I could use my cargo van til I got my feet wet. I have no experience in expediting but have been reading alot on here.

Chaz