Panther Team Needs Truck!

armin88

Expert Expediter
Is there any owners out there that needs a team?I and my teammate are looking for ST truck with Double bunk.Can stay out 4-6 weeks.Please forgive me if i'm not allow or posting this in wrong thread,wasn't sure where to go.I do have a ad in classfieds but it been almost 2 months now and still waiting.Please pm me if your a owner or you know an fleet owner that needs a team.Thanks

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You may want to call recruiting. Some like myself only hire same household because our trucks only have one bed. Some may look past you as well because you are in Florida.

armin88

Expert Expediter
You may want to call recruiting. Some like myself only hire same household because our trucks only have one bed. Some may look past you as well because you are in Florida.

That's what I figure,i'm trying to team up with this person and got to know him within last couple months but if I can't find anything while living in Florida,i'm just going try to see I can team up with someone base in north eastern states.I'm from PA and I just might have to move back to PA which I don't mind.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Is there any owners out there that needs a team?I and my teammate are looking for ST truck with Double bunk.Can stay out 4-6 weeks.Please forgive me if i'm not allow or posting this in wrong thread,wasn't sure where to go.I do have a ad in classfieds but it been almost 2 months now and still waiting.Please pm me if your a owner or you know an fleet owner that needs a team.Thanks

Have you called the ads asking for teams? If you wait for someone to call you the proactive person gets the ride.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Might wanna open your mind to opportunities a little bigger than just Panther.

Wish I could,I got a speeding ticket(15 over) on my mvr and most companies turn me down.Plus I have no experience either.I did find one company today and they are mailing me a app.So as for now,i'm only approve by Panther.I wish I could be approve with more companies but most required experience and that speeding ticket is messing me up.

Camper

Not a Member
Wish I could,I got a speeding ticket(15 over) on my mvr and most companies turn me down.Plus I have no experience either.I did find one company today and they are mailing me a app.So as for now,i'm only approve by Panther.I wish I could be approve with more companies but most required experience and that speeding ticket is messing me up.

You might want to consider smaller companies as they are sometimes a bit more forgiving in terms of less than perfect MVRs.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Re: Panther Team Needs Truck!Update

Well I guest most owners stay away from drivers from Florida.I in the other hand live in Florida right now but I'm from PA,i'm considering moving back to PA,so if there any O/O or drivers out there that needs a teammate from eastern PA area,pm me.I'm looking to move back to PA asap ill be just 50 miles north of Philadelphia so anyone within PA/NJ/NY/DE/MD or VA area needs a teammate,let me know.The other guy I was going team up with is approve by another company and more likely heading to that company.I'm only approve by Panther and only Panther no other company will consider me due to no experience or because of a speeding ticket I got 2 years ago.Please pm me if you need a teammate or know a driver or owner looking for a co-driver.Thanks

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
What about the classified ad for a co driver for a truck located in fla? That speeder is gonna haunt you for sometime.

armin88

Expert Expediter
What about the classified ad for a co driver for a truck located in fla? That speeder is gonna haunt you for sometime.

I have posted and posted under classified and got no calls!I gotta move on,i'm going search to see if I can team up with someone base in north eastern states.I was planing on moving back to PA anyway but I don't have the cash to do so.So i'm going try once more time in hopes I can find a truck.In the mean time i'm still jobless and broke!

Camper

Not a Member
I have posted and posted under classified and got no calls!I gotta move on,i'm going search to see if I can team up with someone base in north eastern states.I was planing on moving back to PA anyway but I don't have the cash to do so.So i'm going try once more time in hopes I can find a truck.In the mean time i'm still jobless and broke!

Perhaps, you should cast a wider net and consider other options such as local courier work. Given, the current market conditions, the volume isn't conducive to carriers bringing on new drivers with little experience.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
You say you have been approved by Panther, approved - you've gone thru orientation and just looking for a fleet owner or approved - set a date for orientation?

Fleet owners in general don't have time to scour classifieds for new drivers. You need to be proactive as others have said. Moving out of Florida would help immensely. Talk to recruiting, get their help.

armin88

Expert Expediter
You say you have been approved by Panther, approved - you've gone thru orientation and just looking for a fleet owner or approved - set a date for orientation?

Fleet owners in general don't have time to scour classifieds for new drivers. You need to be proactive as others have said. Moving out of Florida would help immensely. Talk to recruiting, get their help.

I spoke to every recruiter there and none of them are any help.I'm going give a up date now

armin88

Expert Expediter
Re: Panther Team Needs Truck!Update 7/28/11

Just a quick update,I called an o/o who adding on more trucks,pay is 60/40 we get 60% and pay fuel.He also stated we can make more by getting 60% which make sense but i'm little shy about paying fuel,then again this is all new to me.My teammate been in this business for 10 years so I lease someone know the scoop.So my new question is,would 60/40 be a better outfit I know its more money but how much can we make after fuel?We keep 100% fsc also.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter

Just a quick update,I called an o/o who adding on more trucks,pay is 60/40 we get 60% and pay fuel.He also stated we can make more by getting 60% which make sense but i'm little shy about paying fuel,then again this is all new to me.My teammate been in this business for 10 years so I lease someone know the scoop.So my new question is,would 60/40 be a better outfit I know its more money but how much can we make after fuel?We keep 100% fsc also.

60/40 is the standard rate in the industry for people with experience with whoever pays for the fuel getting the 60%. The owner is right, you can make more money by paying for fuel. But do you have enough money to pay for fuel for 3 weeks in a straight truck? That's a pretty penny.

armin88

Expert Expediter

60/40 is the standard rate in the industry for people with experience with whoever pays for the fuel getting the 60%. The owner is right, you can make more money by paying for fuel. But do you have enough money to pay for fuel for 3 weeks in a straight truck? That's a pretty penny.

I was told Panther pays 45% of fuel until we get our first pay check.This owner I may drive for said he pays our first pay check the following week after we start,so i'm not 100% sure how this would work but we will figure it out some how.