Panther sign on bonus for vans

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I received an email (spam) from Panther today offering $1000 sign on bonus for a van.
It says it is only for the next 30 days, so all you van guys call right away.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get junk from them and the Fed all the time,and Fed Ex calls my house with a recorded message asking for straight trucks.... Which I don't own.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I spoke with a small fleet owner today about this...he was offered te same thing for each of his CV/Sprinters and a little "extra" if he move all of his units at one time....he is staying where he is...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Interesting. In a time when so many carriers are not even signing cargo vans on that they would pay a large sign on bonus. They must have some big new customer or hopefully they really see the market continuing to improve and they are looking to be ready and add capacity now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They must really miss Turtle.
The guy who handles the 3-year HAZMAT training thinks I'm still there. I was informed in an e-mail today that if I didn't complete my training thingy by the 13th that I'd be marked for no-HAZMAT. :D

I renew my CDL and HAZMAT in the morning. I think I'll go ahead and complete the training test and send it on it to him.

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Interesting. In a time when so many carriers are not even signing cargo vans on that they would pay a large sign on bonus. They must have some big new customer or hopefully they really see the market continuing to improve and they are looking to be ready and add capacity now.

A van on every corner just in case :rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Takes a lot to replace Turtle. I have only so many straights to grab the multiple van loads. :D
He will still be hauling for the Cat, just with a different wrapper and hopefully higher pay.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I sat with 3 guy with panther decals on their vans last night...I can tell you none of them are happy about this...I mean we were at the Pilot on Avon Lake Oh, 1 was there snice Monday night...In the cleveland area...me, i am now sitting at a PU, those 3 were still sitting when I pulled out this morning...:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's kinda of like trying to be the one with the most bling. No substance just flash, shiny objects and trying to look good in promotional material. The old mine is bigger than yours ego complex.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It's kinda of like trying to be the one with the most bling. No substance just flash, shiny objects and trying to look good in promotional material. The old mine is bigger than yours ego complex.

The sad thing is it works on so many. They aren't thinking about how much extra waiting time they will have now and end up losing more than the $1k.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, Panther graded my HAZMAT test and e-mailed it back to me. Said he was sorry to see me go, but he updated my file with the test results just in case I wanted to come back to Panther. That was nice of him.