Panther rates???

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Panther Partners is nothing more than talk to make you feel good about being leased to them. They want you to think your a "business partner" but in reality your just a tool they use to make money.

You must be referring to just contractors? I would think any carrier would want you to feel "good" about being leased to them. I think that has been the case since I have been in expediting.
If you driving, working, hauling for any company, they are using you as a tool to make money.
Most aren't doing it "just to be friends".
A "Panther partner" is a contract driver that hauls for numerous companies using their own authority.

I believe that I read on here that in the early days of expediting most drivers were just using this as a second income Didn't Roberts Express have a problem at one time with van drivers that just took the winter off instead of driving in bad weather?

Roberts had no problems but Fedex did when they bought them out. We didn't do anything the first quarter when at Roberts other than maintenance on trucks.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
A "Panther partner" is a contract driver that hauls for numerous companies using their own authority.

Someone hauling with their own authority would be a carrier and would be a partner carrier with Panther. A contract driver would be someone with an exclusive use contract with Panther and hauling under Panthers authority. These drivers would be called Panther Partners.

cubansammich

Not a Member
Panther Partners is nothing more than talk to make you feel good about being leased to them. They want you to think your a "business partner" but in reality your just a tool they use to make money.

They are a tool also. We are all tools in a great big tool box. We are either used by someone to achieve their goals or we use them to achieve ours. It's Ying and Yang.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not sure I think often it is just easier to say they are bidding cheap. Its that initial reaction thing. It only takes a few pennies to win a bid. A carrier doesn't have to be offering a huge price drop over another. Now that might not be true with the fly by night carriers but when it comes to the big ones they do have shareholders to please.

I think a lot of drivers probably know that if they stop and think first. It is just easier to blame the first thing that pops in our head. We are all guilty of it at times.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

When I signed up with NLM last year they told us that a lot of carriers will drop the price so low to get out of texas that they wondered how the drivers even paid for fuel. Why do you think the bigger carriers are dropping teir rates on cargo vans? The rates are going down. When you have less freight on NLM and the same amount of trucks the rates are going to be dropped. The only difference between Panther and smaller companies is that they can make less per load and still make money because they move 600 loads a day! I might be wrong but this is what I see happening.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think Yin would find offense to that.
I agree. Ying-Yang can't apply to Panther because the 2 headed cat doesn't have a single ying-yang between the two of them. No wonder some of their policy and actions seem to come from a constipated entity.

I believe our Cuban friend was referring to Yin-Yang. This still doesn't apply to Panther because Yin-Yang is a sorta' give and take, 50/50, night/day, male/female kind of philosophy.

When I first got on with Panther I was called honey, sweety and honey sweety. Then I became a Panther Partner and now I'm just another annoyance.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I agree. Ying-Yang can't apply to Panther because the 2 headed cat doesn't have a single ying-yang between the two of them. No wonder some of their policy and actions seem to come from a constipated entity.

I believe our Cuban friend was referring to Yin-Yang. This still doesn't apply to Panther because Yin-Yang is a sorta' give and take, 50/50, night/day, male/female kind of philosophy.

When I first got on with Panther I was called honey, sweety and honey sweety. Then I became a Panther Partner and now I'm just another annoyance.

Taoism rocks, doesn't it? It's the sweet n sour of philosophies. What would be the General Tso? Silly me... of course... the Art of War.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taoism rocks, doesn't it? It's the sweet n sour of philosophies. What would be the General Tso? Silly me... of course... the Art of War.
He also makes a mean chicken to rival the Colonel's, not only in rank but flavor and quality.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
He also makes a mean chicken to rival the Colonel's, not only in rank but flavor and quality.

Yeah, but I would sure like to try those 11 herbs and spices on some pork loin. I believe the Colonel's secret recipe would make some awesome tonkatsu!

BTW... KFC tastes different from when I was a kid. They had a different "herb" in there, back then. My guess, something illegal... like "herb". Makes you hungry for chicken, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I have no problems with Panther as they have been the best carrier we have ever been leased on with. We have made more money with Panther than any other carrier. I wish I had moved to Panther sooner than we did. We have nineteen trucks leased on with Panther with plans to add three more by the end of the month. We are signing a lease on a new Home office this week as we have out grown the office we are in now. I feel that Panther has been a great fit for us and we plan to be leased to Panther for a long time as they offer the best deal in town for us.

Attachments

• New home office.jpg
    New home office.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 39