Panther Mileage Rate

tiredofsittn

Expert Expediter
yeah your right but that day there was a few folks online during that time that really take up for panther when someone talks about them.

G

For all you grass is greener guys, I practiced tax law for five years at two large law firms. I had a nice office, grouchy secretary, six figure salary. I got home between 8 and 10 every night, worked every Saturday and some Sundays. On the horizon was the opportunity to work just as much and be paid more for it. Nobody I worked with claimed to enjoy it, their lives were just fixated on some future event--making partner--that would complete them.

Rather than a future, I decided I wanted a present, so I bought a straight truck with my savings and signed on as a solo D unit with a carrier that I thought could keep me busy. This business is not perfect and it can be unforgiving (see my post about poisoning my truck with fuel treatment), but I like it. It allows me to occupy my mind with what I want to think about rather than all of the junk that working in a high pressure office requires you to think about. When I am home, I am really THERE. I'm not preoccupied, stressed out or worried. That is a HUGE benefit of driving a truck that should not be discounted.