Panther guys?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the drivers in this situation seem to work for fleet owners and owners have been told good drivers are welcome back so I see no reason to think that IMHO.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

IDK; like I said, I was just guessing. Just the same, it looks like they're trying to thin the herd a little. How they do it, I don't pretend to know; it also has no effect on me anyway.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Of course Panther is not going tell the hold truth it's like a cop pulling over a drunk driver and the cop ask how many beers you had and the drunk says only one or two officer. Doesn't matter to me anymore my words are b.s to everyone just like your words are b.s to me,works both ways.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Of course Panther is not going tell the hold truth it's like a cop pulling over a drunk driver and the cop ask how many beers you had and the drunk says only one or two officer. Doesn't matter to me anymore my words are b.s to everyone just like your words are b.s to me,works both ways.

Yep we are all full of it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

The problem is you are not getting the necessary information from the proper source. I talked today with where that decision would orginate. You are talking to a driver that is providing limited unverifiable information.
That is your difference.

armin88

Expert Expediter
I'm getting off this subject now I'm not going to conflict anymore about this issue,if I'm unwelcome to return there than that's find with me still doesn't answer my question why I was hang up on when I ask why I wasn't hireable. I'm moving on and not going let anyone get the best of me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All I know is, if you leave Panther on good terms and didn't cause any objectionable problems while you were there which Panther doesn't want to deal with again, they'll hire you back. If you caused problems or were difficult to deal with, they won't hire you back.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The OP states "i was on another trucking forum and......."

There's the problem.
Stay off other trucking forums.
They fill your head with garbage.

EO- The only forum you need.

BigCat

Expert Expediter

There's the problem.

Eo don't have enough guys that do my kind of work.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I'll readily admit to being 100% ignorant concerning the situation discussed here, but could it have something to do with Panther's having been acquired by ABF? Anytime you merge two companies, there are always redundancies, and it may be easier for Panther to winnow out some of their O/O's so that they can give work to the unionized ABF drivers. Just a guess....

Update: ABF and the teamsters have been trying to do a contract for some time now, so that may have something to do with it.

IMHO Panther was aquired so O/Os could relieve some of these Union drivers not vice versa

Sent from my SPH-L710 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter

There's the problem.

Sometimes you have to go to another forum to find out what the rest of the story is.

And you think there ain't garbage here?